Dealing with Grand Subaru in Chicago - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #21 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 11:38 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ditto. I just left a message for Melissa about placing my order. Unfortunately she's out of the office.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 11:59 AM

Just throwing in an unpleasant experience with Grand. It sounds like they're a great place to buy, but I just was interested in getting a quote on a lease and they refused to give me a quote without coming in person. I basically told them that they weren't the closest dealer to me and I wasn't going to borrow someone's car just to get a quote.

This on its own really wasn't that bad. If they want to operate that way they're more than welcome to and I didn't have any hard feelings towards it, except for the dozen automated follow up emails using terms like "I know we provided you a competitive price." I wound up finally replying that they had not and it was frustrating to see that in my inbox every other day.

I even took the time to respond to the standard follow up email asking if there was anything they could have done differently, and my response was an attempt to be friendly and constructive and I included my number and an offer to still earn my business. Never heard back. Ah well.

post #23 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 03:53 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
My experience with buying my OB from Grand was outstanding. Just watch the upselling in the finance office and you will be fine. Stick with the Subaru extended warranty only. They push Zurich. If you plan to buy an extended warranty, do your homework before you go.

--
15' Outback 2.5i Limited, Navi & Eyesight
post #24 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 04:15 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium
Do not go Zurich if you decide on the ext warranty. They'll say something like "well, if your in Montana and you OB dies you can take anywhere and all will be good." Problem is parts to repair do not have to be Subaru genuine parts and there are tons of exceptions to getting full coverage.

BTW shop around for the Subaru warranty. Grand is very expensive, maybe because they're pushing Zurich. You can anywhere to purchase except for restrictions in FL and CA.
post #25 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 08:45 AM

Car: 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
Color me jealous. That is about what I paid for a Premium with only the all weather package and extended warranty. We needed a vehicle that week, so ordering and waiting was out of the question. Hope it serves you well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrahan View Post
2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Model Code: FDF
Option Code: 23 (Moonroof Package + Keyless Access & Start + Navigation + Eye Sight)
CVT (Automatic Transmission)
Factory Installed Options
Body Side Molding
Rear Bumper Cover
Exterior Auto-Dimming Mirror with Approach Light & Blind Spot Detection
Remote Engine Starter – Smart Engine Start
Splash Guards
Trailer Hitch
Alloy Wheel Locks
All-Weather Floor Mats
Rear Seat Back Protector
Valve Stem Caps – Subaru Star Cluster

MSRP $35,883
Invoice $32,891

Selling Price $31,603
Only Additional OUT OF STATE Fees:
$166.27 Documentary Fee
$50 30-Day Out of State Drive Away
Sales Tax (Depending on State you live in)
post #26 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 11:14 AM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
My experience with Grand was satisfactory. Glenn Miller conducted the purchase negotiations with me via email and phone, and I received the invoice -4% price as expected. After my arrival at the dealership while waiting for the car to be prepped, they did attempt to sell me the extended warranty which I declined. Glenn gave me a thorough briefing on the vehicle and I drove off the lot approximately four hours after landing at ORD. No muss no fuss, I'd do it again for the cost savings over my local dealer.
post #27 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 02:28 PM

Car: 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited
I also ordered my vehicle from Glenn Miller at Grand. This is the second Outback (First 2012) that i will be buying from them. First transaction went really smooth and hope this one will also go the same way. Ordered on 9/15 and Estimated Arrival is 12/31/2014.

The only problem you may have now is longer than usual waiting time for your car to arrive. I hear 14-16 weeks as they have over 160 vehicles on order. Considering the price that they offer i would not mind to wait. Other than that Grand is strongly recommended !!!

2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
post #28 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 04:17 PM

Car: 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD ... 2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotras View Post
I hear 14-16 weeks as they have over 160 vehicles on order.
"Over 160 vehicles on order" and only one Legacy and two Outbacks currently available for purchase. That should tell us something about what's driving long lead times for new factory orders from Grand.
post #29 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotras View Post

The only problem you may have now is longer than usual waiting time for your car to arrive. I hear 14-16 weeks as they have over 160 vehicles on order. Considering the price that they offer i would not mind to wait. Other than that Grand is strongly recommended !!!
This is news to me, guess my 8 week estimate is not going to be accurate. Well I do know dealing with other dealers grand is superb with customer service and we all know price.

It is interesting to hear other dealers in Chicago and the Midwest bash grand and tell me my vehicle will never arrive, etc.

Guess I just need patience.
post #30 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 11:12 AM

Car: 2015 2.5l Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongordo8 View Post
This is news to me, guess my 8 week estimate is not going to be accurate. Well I do know dealing with other dealers grand is superb with customer service and we all know price.

It is interesting to hear other dealers in Chicago and the Midwest bash grand and tell me my vehicle will never arrive, etc.

Guess I just need patience.
I guess it is between lower price or faster delivery. I tested drove the Outback at Napleton Subaru in Schaumburg (3.6r) and Roto in Mount Prospect (2.5i) before I ordered with Grand back in September. Both of them quoted higher prices and they have no inventory now either. The quoted wait time were 8 to 10 weeks as well. I of course picked Grand for its lower price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: