Dealing with Grand Subaru in Chicago - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited w/EyeSight
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dealing with Grand Subaru in Chicago

Can anyone tell me the best way to communicate with sales at Grand Subaru? I emailed a request for a price to order a new Outback and almost immediately received a reply. I then responded with detailed info for a quote but I have not received a reply.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 04:22 PM

Car: 2015 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight
I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. I think the first reply is an auto acknowledgement. It took a few days but they got back to me and we finalized things the same day. I suspect they have a lot of email to keep up with especially on weekends. Good luck.

post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 04:34 PM

After receiving the initial email, I called which helps a lot with future email communications because you've established an actual relationship beyond text on a screen.
post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 04:35 PM

Car: 2011 Outback 2.5i Premium
Went in there to take a look at a Forester few months ago, it took them 45m to actually get a sales person to help me. That is the the longest I have ever waited to look at a car and its not like there were tons of people there when I walked in... I didn't buy from them.
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 08:35 PM

Car: 2012 CR-V EX 4WD. 2015 Outback Limited PZEV
I've been in contact with Grand for about 2 1/2 years over quotes and what not. In January I decided to buy a '14 limited OB in Deep Indigo Pearl PZEV with moonroof. If it wasn't for uncertainty in the area of children in our future, I would've purchased the vehicle. I put the in $500 deposit for the vehicle to get there, then backed out with the wife's uncertainty more than anything. I got my money back for the backing out.

I told them I'd be back for the '15 and they've been great the whole time. Both times I talked to them before coming in for a proper test drive. The vehicle was ready for me when I showed up both times. In all honesty, I've spent maybe a total of 75 minutes there and they were great to me.

Understanding that vehicles quoted without being in stock is a realistic possibility, I always give enough lead time. Maybe I'm just used to the internet way of buying (I did the same thing for my '12 CRV at McGrath).

No complaints from me.
post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited w/EyeSight
Waiting is over...

After a 1 hour wait, I received an email from Glenn with an "out the door" price. I am amazed at the savings! I am placing my order on Monday along with a deposit. It is well worth the one way airfare from Birmingham, AL, plus I get a few days in the Windy City to boot!
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 08:59 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrahan View Post
After a 1 hour wait, I received an email from Glenn with an "out the door" price. I am amazed at the savings! I am placing my order on Monday along with a deposit. It is well worth the one way airfare from Birmingham, AL, plus I get a few days in the Windy City to boot!
Do tell... what did you get and how much are you paying?
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
They seem to have a hefty internet sales volume. I've noticed they either respond nearly immediately, or it took a few days. I presume their volume is rather high.

Don't be afraid to email back or call. I've only used their service dept, but I have no issues with Grand.

Have you considered the Google search bar at the top of the forum?

2002 Outback wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean no more: "Mal" 134,000 and counting.
Cloth interior swap. HIR1 high beam upgrade. Yellow Lamin-X fog light film.

2006 Outback 2.5i wagon: "Professor Sprout" 96,000 and counting.
HIR1 high beam upgrade.

Rust in Peace:
"Solstice" 1996 Outback wagon, totaled at 115K.
"Kaylee" 2003 Outback wagon, sold at 167K.
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 10:45 PM

Car: 00 Outback wagon 03 VDC wagon 18 Touring 3.6 white
They were great with me also. Was looking at a Forester to replace the 00 Outback but decided to go another way (wife wanted a RAV, I always choose our cars but I gave in this time) but I would have bought from Grand otherwise. One thing to note is they do not collect tax for your state. You have to pay it as a lump sum when you get your title, so you can't roll it into the loan.
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 01:26 AM

Car: 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD ... 2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Quote:
I then responded with detailed info for a quote but I have not received a reply.
Quote:
After a 1 hour wait, I received an email from Glenn with an "out the door" price.
I think your expectation was unrealistic. You were asking for an exact, binding price quote on a custom configuration. A 1-hour response is excellent service. I personally would not expect better than next-day response to a request like that. Even car salesman have days off, and those assigned to Internet/fleet sales are usually working with more than one customer at a time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: