2Likes
  • 1 Post By MartyMarND
  • 1 Post By freeheeler1690

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2011 2.5 limited w/ moonroof pkg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Livermore Subaru - Livermore, CA

Great experience purchasing my 2011 2.5i limited from Ahmad at Livermore Subaru. This was my first time buying a new car, and could not have had a better experience then with Ahmad. Zero pressure, very responsive to my e-mails, and completely understanding of my work schedule. Also, no sleaziness and "wheeling and dealing" type of attitude that some car salesmen typically have. I honestly hate B.S.ing about unrelated topics with it is completely unecessary, and he didn't waste my time with any. Just was there to answer my questions.

He even reserved the specific OB I had identified for him, for a week, even though other potential buyers were interested, and I had not yet even gone in to check it out (all e-mail up to that point). He had zero reason to hold it for me, for a full week before I was able to go in, and I even had to bail on him once because of my work schedule. Kept it set aside for me after sending me the window sticker a week earlier and saying he'd hold it for me till the following Sunday when I was able to pick it up.

I live in San Francisco, where there are no dealerships in S.F. proper, and I shopped around quite a bit with 5 Bay Area dealers - Ahmad offered me the best price by quite a bit. Living in a Edwardian era flat in S.F., where the garage is tiny, my wife and I were extremely concerned with how the OB would fit. We showed up and Ahmad let us take a 2010 to make the long drive into SF just to see how it fit in our garage. Great service - trusting us to make that 3 hour round trip drive just to satisfy our unusual request. Knowing that we were ready to buy after having done our homework and finally with the piece of mind knowing that it would fit in our tiny garage space, we drove all the way back and purchased that evening. Would highly recommend contacting Ahmad at Livermore if you're in the market for a Subaru in the Bay Area.

Edit: Because he had offered me such a good price off the bat, I decided not to ask for any of the "extras" I wanted, but asked him about the price he'd give me on some cargo nets and all-weather mats. He said he'd give them to me at cost, but because it was almost 8:40pm on a Sunday night and they didn't have these in stock, he said just to call him up later on. 2 weeks later when I called him, he went out of his way to make sure I got what I wanted and honored the price for these parts. You'd think after the sale, a salesman could easily brush me off since he did his job and the sale was done. Nope - traded e-mails and made sure I got the cargo nets and mats at the right price.

Matt fe2o3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 PM

Car: 08 Outback 2.5 XT - 5MT
got mine from there too... almost 3 years ago. back then, i also was not impressed by the other 4 dealerships in the vicinity. looks like not much has changed?

question, where will you be going for service?

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 02:39 PM

Going here today. Have had a good offer from them (Ahmed) so will try and finish the deal today on a 3.6R to get the 0% finance
Matt fe2o3 likes this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 03:19 AM

I like this!

We purchased two Subaru Outbacks from Ahmad last month. I can echo the ease of dealing, laid back demeanor and prompt communication.

We first purchased a 2.5i Premium and he was perfectly solid all the way around - although Sam I think responded to our initial inquiry.

We went back a few weeks later and purchased a 3.6R. No issue - even from the the "finance" guys - the first one we did 0% on the second cash purchase.

Would return. If service is as good - then we will be really happy.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 11:55 AM

Car: 2018 Limited 2.5 No eyesight package/no navi
I ordered my car from them. Chris, a young salesperson helped me. I'm glad to hear the finance guys gave no issue. I'm not planning on buying any extras unless they can beat the gold warranty quote. I'm hoping the 0% deal is still offered. Hopefully I will be picking the new car up mid month June.

Update - 6/12. I was called by my salesman last week that my car was arriving on 6/11 at the dealership. I told him I'd be in today (6/12) to pick it up. I arrive at the dealership and my salesman wasn't there and neither was my car. Seems that the salesman mistook the arrival date at the port instead of dealership receivership. Instead of driving home in my new car, I had to be put into another Uber to get home - 45 minutes away. Furious doesn't even begin to describe how I feel.

Last edited by Tail11; 06-12-2018 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Additional information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: