McKenna Subaru - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2016 Outback 2.5i Premium
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
McKenna Subaru

When I type in the URL for South Coast Subaru, it sends me to McKenna Subaru. What happened? South Coast is toast?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 07:02 PM
Rub

Car: 2016 3.6 Limited with ES
Don't know about South Coast being there or not. I like going to Irvine Subaru instead. Was at Timmons this last week off of Cherry in Long Beach and didn't like it as well as Irvine.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 02:33 PM

We went to South Coast Subaru in August. Worst dealership we worked with when we were still shopping brands and models. We walked out. After that I checked yelp. SC's yelp reviews were scary.

Timmons later told us Subaru forced the owner of South Coast to sell the dealership due to excesive customer complaints.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2016 Outback 2.5i Premium
Yesterday I had my 6000 mile service done at McKenna. They had me out of there in an hour. A pleasant surprise was to find out the first four services are free.

So far, so good.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryNight View Post
We went to South Coast Subaru in August. Worst dealership we worked with when we were still shopping brands and models. We walked out. After that I checked yelp. SC's yelp reviews were scary.

Timmons later told us Subaru forced the owner of South Coast to sell the dealership due to excesive customer complaints.
We went to South Coast back in July because we were in the area and we walked in and were asked if we had an appointment. We said no and were told to wait a few minutes so I went to the bathroom and came back out and waited about 5 minutes and no one helped us so we walked out. It wasn't a huge waiting area so it wasn't like they couldn't see us. I just didn't feel like we were their demographic (i.e.: non hipster and mid 20s, or overly outdoorsy looking) so they didn't pay much attention to us.

Just went on a test drive with one of the internet sales people today at McKenna and he was very helpful. They have the car I want in stock (2.5 Limited twilight blue pearl w/black interior w/out eye sight, ; crystal white pearl is my second choice and also in stock), but I am also going to go to Timmons tomorrow to see what their True Car price is (they don't give it to you online) because I was quoted $200 under invoice today at McKenna, and I want to see if anyone is willing to go any lower. I would be happy with $500 under invoice. I had very good luck with McKenna Cerritos though with my 2013 VW TDI both for purchase and warranty service so I would be willing to return to McKenna Subaru for this purchase and future service. I wonder if they will offer any dealership loyalty bonus.

Timmons doesn't have my preferred interior color in stock though (most cars are in ivory), but we will see how it goes and then weigh the options. I do like that I can turn in my VW to either dealer, get the VW buy back check, and then leave with the new car.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 03:25 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwschenk View Post
When I type in the URL for South Coast Subaru, it sends me to McKenna Subaru. What happened? South Coast is toast?
I recently had a deal to buy a new car from McKenna Subaru.....It was a order for a new car...During the period While waiting for the car to be delivered my saleperson and the Sales Manager were let go.....The new Sales Manager/GM(?) Peter Lu refused to honor the deal I had made with McKenna Subaru.....How can they do that? A deal is a deal right? Peter Lu still has not returned any of my emails....
They also have not returned my deposit !! !
With so many good Subaru dealers around , why do business with McKenna , if there is even a slight chance this may happen to you?
I am really surprised that Subaru even lets them be a dealer for Subaru....

I would avoid McKenna Subaru in Huntington Beach, California.....
I had a deal to buy a new car( I ordered it) and while waiting for it to arrive my salesperson and the Sakes Manager were let go or quit...The new Sales Manager/GM(?) Peter Lu reneged on the deal made previously....How could be do that! But he did .....
So I would avoid McKenna Subaru ....?I don’t feel they can be trusted and think they did not act in a ethical way.....I am pretty surprised that they are still allowed to be a Subaru dealer.....
With so many great, ethical dealers around, why take a chance on getting screwed by McKenna Subaru and Peter Lu.....

AVOID THEM !

I preordered a new car from McKenna Subaru in February when orders were allowed....It was for a new model, the 2019 Ascent....I asked my saleperson if the Ascent was eligible for lower pricing from Costco or Subaru VIP Pricing in the future before my car arrived, if I could get the lower pricing....He said yes I would get the lower pricing...Well the Ascent did become eligible for VIP pricing .....so I was to receive that price..,I had Subaru send the paperwork to McKenna....When I called to check on the be status of my car, I was told by the Sales Manager, Justin Barnett that Steve was no longer there but to bring in my copy of the VIP authorization when picking up the car because the person handling that was no longer there either....I would get the VIP price...
Well I called the next week I was told that Justin Barnett was also gone and that I would NOT get the VIP pricing !? What ! We had a deal ! According to my new salesperson, the new GM ,Peter Lu, said no to my deal....How can he do that!
So anyway, I waited 3 months for my new car and the day before it arrived I was told that I would not get the car at the agreed on price...I would have to pay MSRP...BS to that....
Peter Lu has never returned my email and McKenna has not returned my deposit yet......
There are many great, ethical, Subaru dealers in Orange County California....Do not go to this one.....
Avoid Avoid Avoid........
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rub View Post
Don't know about South Coast being there or not. I like going to Irvine Subaru instead. Was at Timmons this last week off of Cherry in Long Beach and didn't like it as well as Irvine.
Just curious as to what you did not like about Timmons....Or what made Irvine better....Timmons is closer to me than Irvine Subaru ...l need/want to find a good dealer(for service) near to Los Alamitos/Seal Beach...
Thanks,
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryNight View Post

Would not be surprised if the same thing happens to McKenna....Management changes can make a difference.Different philosophies............
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 06:08 PM
Rub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gueromeister View Post
Just curious as to what you did not like about Timmons....Or what made Irvine better....Timmons is closer to me than Irvine Subaru ...l need/want to find a good dealer(for service) near to Los Alamitos/Seal Beach...
Thanks,

Try Subaru Orange Coast in the Santa Ana Auto Mall. Nice people to deal with.

Long story short - I was first service customer in their new place and the Penske people were there seeing that last minute things were done. Construction dust everywhere but Penske and dealership folks offered to get me coffee even though they had no coffee machine aka someone would make a Starbies run. Shuttled me where I needed to go and all that good stuff.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 06:11 PM
Rub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gueromeister View Post
Would not be surprised if the same thing happens to McKenna....Management changes can make a difference.Different philosophies............

I have a source of info on South Coast. There were too many post-sale customer surveys coming back at 100% aka outside of the bell-shaped curve. On further digging, the IP addresses were traced back to South Coast. And that's when SOA lowered the hammer and yanked the dealership.

Sparkland likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: