Recommended NJ dealer - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 08:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Been looking too in NJ for wife...I have login through work for truecar and when first looking out and both Liberty and Ramsey came up ( in Northern NJ)... But she was looking at 4 different manufactures.... Good tip download the the Truecar app and you can search with options and will give you msrp, most likely invoice, and what most are buying and what is great deal..... You maybe able to get better deal dealing with dealer instead of Truecar though.. My wife didn't like Costco search.....
So far Ramsey given us the most aggressive quote and didn't have the salesperson, then manager hard close as most dealers from all manufactures do... Honda being the worst for us this car hunt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 06:19 PM

Car: 2016 Outback Slate Gray 3.6R Limited w/ Eyesight
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna View Post
Tough to find a decent dealer in NJ. Try liberty Subaru in Wayne.
I'm Gonna have to plus 1 Liberty subaru. Bought 3 outbacks from them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 06:32 PM

Car: 2003 Forester 2.5 X 2011 Legacy 2.5
I learned that NJ dealer fees are much higher then NY which is always $75.00 I'm trying to get some pricing by email from local dealers but so far no luck. What's with that? No one want's to commit to any price over email?
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub423 View Post
I would steer clear of Hudson in Jersey City, for both sales and service.
I also agree with him (y)
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 07:46 AM

Car: '18 Outback Touring 3.6R, '11 Legacy 3.6R Limited. '11 WRX not stock
I've purchased two from Jay Fralin at Miller Subaru https://www.millersubaru.com/ and one from Coleman in Trenton.

After much online research I can sit down with Jay and hash out a price that's fair to us both. There are several dealers close by so they helps a lot. Miller is highly recommend in my book.
Pilot1226 likes this.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 08:24 AM

Car: 2019 Subaru Forester Premium, Crystal Black Silica, Pkg 15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by only1battman View Post
I'm Gonna have to plus 1 Liberty subaru. Bought 3 outbacks from them.
Except Liberty isn't in Wayne. It's in Emerson. Exit 163 off the GSP.

There is a Wayne Subaru, but I have no first-hand experience here. They're off of Hamburg Turnpike off of 23.

Pilot, Subaru Ambassador, Northern NJ Area
2019 Forester Premium, Crystal Black Silica & Black Cloth, Package 15
Former 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited & 2009 Legacy 2.5i Limited

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 09:19 AM

Car: '15 Outback, '18 Crosstrek
I just picked up 2 off World Subaru in Tinton Falls. 1 Lease '18 Crosstrek, 1 CPO '15 Ouback 2.5i Premium. (We moved back from England and neither of us had vehicles)

Dealt with their Internet sales team, then 2 different sales staff and the finance/closing folks. We were looking at 4 dealers that day and probably test drove 6-7 vehicles the day we pulled the trigger. Glen and Tim at World really brought everything together. For me on the previous visits having flown in, my wife out on the drives and breaking down the detail on the cars. I also enjoyed the "the car is going to sell itself" low pressure feel to it. So we've had a good pre/during/post sales experience. I paid reasonable amounts for both vehicles, they were receptive to the negotiating process and my non-starters. We spent a fair few hours in the waiting room going through the process with both vehicles, the baby made MANY friends... My wife was really impressed how the service moved and the up front/detailed conversations the service staff was having with people. That was a big one for me, if she feels comfortable in the environment that speaks volumes.

I'm happy to answer any questions to talk more about the experience. I've had some nasty bouts with dealers over the years, and so far these guys have been the smoothest experience to date.

"...But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a mild inconvenience for people who have nothing to do with this topic and are quite frankly useless in this situation."
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 11:38 AM

Car: 2016 Outback Slate Gray 3.6R Limited w/ Eyesight
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1226 View Post
Except Liberty isn't in Wayne. It's in Emerson. Exit 163 off the GSP.

There is a Wayne Subaru, but I have no first-hand experience here. They're off of Hamburg Turnpike off of 23.
Hahaha I didn't even see that it said Wayne I probably got distracted and stopped reading;.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: