St.Cloud Subaru - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dogmom35

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Car: '17 Outback 3.6R Limited, '05 Forester
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up St.Cloud Subaru

We just bought our Outback Limited 3.6R from St. Cloud Subaru in central Minnesota and are happy to say that we had a very good experience. I got the Subaru VIP ticket through my work and my wife and I were treated very well.

Once we had decided on the exact car we wanted, the sales manager showed us the VIP pricing and it exactly matched what I knew from my company website. He then said that he could improve on that price and wrote down a figure that was around $1000 less. They didn't have the exact model we wanted but managed to get one before the end of March so we also go the 0% interest on the loan. I get it - they wanted to make the sale before the end of the month, we got a better deal than the VIP pricing and they still made a profit. I consider this a Win-Win situation.

This is the new showroom at the other end of the block from the old one. It was clean and well lit including the service bays. All the people we talked to were very courteous. I would highly recommend St.Cloud Subaru. I felt that as long as I didn't try to be entitled about stuff and didn't try to beat them down on everything, then they wouldn't nickel & dime me to death. I suspect that if we were nasty about things, they would have kept quiet about the better price and we would have paid the higher VIP price

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 11:02 AM

Car: 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6r - 2014 Tacoma 4.0 V-6
Hi base_nine, that user name has a hint of baseball, St. Cloud area is a MN hotbed for baseball. Anyway I am replying to your post as I am about to visit St. Cloud Subaru from the Iron Range. Sound advice from your post. I've been reading on here about all the good deals down in Chicago, I've shopped in Duluth and the Cities. Is there a person you'd recommend to deal with? I've had email correspondence from Justin Lee up to this point.

How do you like the 3.6r? My daughter has a 2011 Forester 2.5i and I must say I've never seen a vehicle that is so easy to work on. I mean you don't even have to get under it to change the oil! Other service is pretty easy as well. Is the 3.6r as easy? Anyway if there is anything you could add to the above post I'd appreciate it. Thanks-Tom
Good Luck and Happy Motoring

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Car: '17 Outback 3.6R Limited, '05 Forester
Hi Tmac,
No - not baseball . As an Engineer and mathematician, I've been fascinated by numbers especially "9" and "11".

Before going to Subaru, we tried VW, Ford and Kia. Our experience at Kia was so horrible with their high pressure tactics and the "good-ole-boy" salesman being rude to my wife, we decided never to step in that showroom anymore. The huge contrast going to Subaru, plus the fact that the Outback checked all the boxes (except towing capacity) buying the Outback was a no-brainer for us.

The Subaru salesman name was Justin (not Lee - the other one) and the manager was Bobby "the loan arranger". Sorry I don't remember their last names.

The 3.6R has the oil filter underneath and not on top like the 2.5. Still not a big deal to change oil due to the ground clearance.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'd be happy to answer any questions off-line.
Edit: I just realized that you only have two posts so may not be able to send a PM as yet. I'll send a PM to you and hope you get it.

Regards.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 11:26 AM

Car: 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6r - 2014 Tacoma 4.0 V-6
@base_nine, thanks for the reply and the PM. I sent you a email check your spam if its not in your inbox.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 07:38 PM

I, too, just had a great experience with St Cloud Subaru. I bought my 2018 3.6R Touring there this weekend. Did the negotiating over the phone & internet last week with Tommy and Hugo. Great pricing and no hassle. Was a bit worried there would be some sort of snafu once I got there, but no issues at all. Price was quite a bit better than anyone else in the Twin Cities.
base_nine likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: