Bob Rohrman Subaru - Indiana > READ BEFORE YOU BUY - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bob Rohrman Subaru - Indiana > READ BEFORE YOU BUY

I just bought a brand new 2013 outback, please check these videos before buying a car from them, its my biggest advice

Vid #1

Vid #2

You should be aware of all pro's and con's before buying it, if you have any questions contact me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 PM

Car: 2013 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT with All Weather and other accessories
Sadly the videos are gone. We visited Bob Rohrman, but wasn't very impressed. They mislead us about their inventory in stock and no one seemed very knowledgeable about the product line.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 06:54 PM

Car: 2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
We bought ours at Tom Wood, it was kind of a bust also, like to see your video??

Jim
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 09:07 PM

Car: 2015 2.5i Outback Limited with package 23 and popular package 5
Thumbs down Prices are too high there

I got a quote from them and it was one of the highest quotes I received. A bad price that I beat by $1500.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 09:33 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
Bob Rohrman is the worst. Slimy, used car salesmen working at a new car dealership. I ended up getting my 2015 Outback at International Subaru in Merrillville (1.3 hrs from Lafayette) for well under invoice. In fact, it was over $2000 less than my lowest quoted price at Rohrman. I called the GM at Rohrman to give them another shot but never heard anything back. I have nothing but bad things to say about Bob Rohrman. Beware
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 08:52 PM

Car: 2016 Outback 3.6R, Venetian Red Pearl/Black Interior
One of the highest quotes I received was from Bob Rohrman Subaru in Fort Wayne Indiana. Bought from Grand Subaru for $2,702 less!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 03:58 PM

Car: 2016 Outback 3.6R Limited
I crossed Bob Rohrman of the list of dealers that I would do business with in 1988 when the salesman tried to tell me what I wanted to buy. This was after I told him specifically what I was interested in. I promptly showed him that I knew much more about the cars that he was selling than he did and left him on the lot. It appears that the dealership has not gotten any better since then. Shame...
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:52 PM
SubaruOutback.org Founder

Car: 2018 Outback Package 14 Grey/Grey
Garage
I've heard some people say some good things about Bob on a personal level but I have NEVER heard anyone say anything good about doing business with him. My only experience in attempting to do business with his Subaru dealership in Lafayette goes like this, I was hot to buy a new 2002 WRX when they first came out and this dealership was the first to get any within a reasonable driving distance from where I was living at the time. I drove nearly 2 hours to get to the dealership and believe me when I say I could have purchased one of those cars that very day. As it happened not only was I not allowed to test drive a WRX there but they would not even let me sit in one (they had three available to include on one the showroom). The rudest salesman I've ever dealt with told me that I would need to bring my parents with me before I could do anything.

I was 20 at the time and had received $12,000 from the Army as well as having other assets, I may have been young but that does not mean I would have been unable to purchase this vehicle outright or at least swing a good finance deal. Suffice it all to say that they completely blew me off and would not take me seriously, they were so rude that they effectively ran me out of the dealership. Never have I considered going back aside from having a forum member here work there and I thought I might do business with him but he left employment before I could buy a car from him. Probably a good thing and it is probably a good thing that I did not buy a WRX from Bob as I ended up buying my 2003 Outback elsewhere and then launched this site.

So in other words, SubaruOutback.org thanks Bob Rohrman for not permitting me to buy a car from them. Perhaps that is the only good thing to come out of attempting to do business with them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161222_133507[1].jpg
Views:	167
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	319122  
Zedhead and RAV like this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wagon & a 2.5 Limited Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I crossed Bob Rohrman of the list of dealers that I would do business with in 1988 when the salesman tried to tell me what I wanted to buy. This was after I told him specifically what I was interested in. I promptly showed him that I knew much more about the cars that he was selling than he did and left him on the lot. It appears that the dealership has not gotten any better since then. Shame...
I remember a story concerning the last Mercury Topaz at a local multi-line dealer. (they sell GM/Ford/ Chrysler, both then and now). This was relayed to me by a mechanic there whom was replacing a speaker in one of the cars jammed in the showroom so he heard the whole affair.

nice old guy comes in asking to order a loaded up then new 96 Sable jelly bean to replace the old worn out one he had. (like a 86 sable)

one of the owners comes out,...the one that works as the general manager, whom vaguely knows the customer, and proceeds to talk his ear off for 45 minutes... into taking that topaz that no one wanted period without even a test drive to see that it was a worse car then the nice customer came in.

that topaz had a little bonus cash "spiff" on it to whomever could sell it...... in this case,...maybe it took the general manager himself to take proper advantage of a senior citizen,...when the underlings would not go in for the kill to sell the worst piece of new junk on the whole lot.

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 10:34 AM

Car: 2016 Outback 3.6R Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
I remember a story concerning the last Mercury Topaz at a local multi-line dealer. (they sell GM/Ford/ Chrysler, both then and now). This was relayed to me by a mechanic there whom was replacing a speaker in one of the cars jammed in the showroom so he heard the whole affair.

nice old guy comes in asking to order a loaded up then new 96 Sable jelly bean to replace the old worn out one he had. (like a 86 sable)

one of the owners comes out,...the one that works as the general manager, whom vaguely knows the customer, and proceeds to talk his ear off for 45 minutes... into taking that topaz that no one wanted period without even a test drive to see that it was a worse car then the nice customer came in.

that topaz had a little bonus cash "spiff" on it to whomever could sell it...... in this case,...maybe it took the general manager himself to take proper advantage of a senior citizen,...when the underlings would not go in for the kill to sell the worst piece of new junk on the whole lot.
Unscrupulous dealers aren't smart enough to know that when you treat customers right they become repeat customers and bring their friends...

Customers need to realize that they have much more power then they realize. Share experiences. Broadcast when a dealer does a good job. if a dealer makes a mistake and makes an effort to correct it... broadcast it. When a dealer is caught victimizing customers and won't make amends, by all means broadcast it... repeatedly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: