Kearny Mesa Subaru.... SAN DIEGO - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2013 3.6R Limited
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kearny Mesa Subaru.... SAN DIEGO

Salespeople are great... Manager is a nice guy- but I must question his ethics if he lets his finance lady operate in the fashion that she did with my purchase.

Completely dishonest finance lady- lied to my face and didn't even flinch.... even when my wife and I looked at each other in disbelief at the outrageous scope of her lies concerning financing. Incredible....

Then when it came to the famous "factory" alarm their dealership contract guy would install-

Her-
"I had a Viper alarm. I had it yanked right out of my car and had our guy install the alarm we carry."

Me-
"Really. What kind of alarm do you guys install?"

Her-
"It's better than a Viper." I had mine yanked right out and installed ours."

Too much makeup, perfume and Dr.Pepper.... Very Dishonest lady- be careful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 01:53 PM

my buddy is looking into an impreza.

he looked up yelp and says that KM subaru got pretty low reviews.

that's all i know

i bought from bob baker up in carlsbad, twice, and no problems.

joel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 04:31 PM

I second going to another dealership in SD. Just had dealings with both their service and sales department and there are some pretty unethical folks working for that dealership.

They will even go against their own policies to get money out of you, coming up with reasons on the fly. I got SOA involved on our purchase after the salesman found some small clause to not give us the VIP discounting for the program I belong to. They tried to get me to sign a form stating that I acknowledge not purchasing a vehicle under the program. I contacted SOA and complained to them and I guess SOA called them up numerous times and probably told them that for the price they sold the vehicle to me, they cannot claim it was under the VIP program.

I should have walked long time ago, so I was the idiot!

Also, cost me $570 to get my spark plugs changed here. The price quote at 2 other dealerships was $376 and $356 respectively. Say no more.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 05:28 AM

Car: 2013 Outback 2.5i Premium 6MT.
Kearny Mesa Subaru.... SAN DIEGO

Hummm - Thanks for the "heads up" on the service department

I purchased my OB at Kearny Mesa last weekend. The sales guy I worked (Ronnie) with was fine -- good deal on the car and good money for my trade in. I ran into the "finance lady" - Kim. First thing she tried to sell me was an extended service contract. I shut her down pretty quickly when she told me about the 900.00$ service due at 36,000 miles. I pulled up the factory service schedule on my phone and asked her to show me why changing the oil and filter and rotating the tires was going to cost me 900 greenbacks. She got pretty flustered, a bit more so when I thanked her for not wasting my time on all the other crap she was poised to sell me. It went pretty quickly after that dance.

Down side to the deal -- the car I wanted was up at Pacific Subaru in Torrance and claimed they couldn't get going on the dealer trade until I finished the paper work. Didn't get then car until early Sunday morning.

Dave
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2013 3.6R Limited
Is that the lady that sucks Dr Pepper down like she does cigarettes? If that's her- ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 08:38 PM

Car: 16 OB 3.6R Limited Twilight Blue, Nav, Eyesight, Moonroof, Remote Start.
Hi @SandyEggoOutback and @David Wood @JAvendan

Do you know of any good independent Subi mechanics in San Diego?

[Sorry for the off-topic post here but I cannot send PMs yet due to too few posts (I am a new member)]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: