Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Single Post - web site abnormalities
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 04:33 PM
administrator
Administrator

Garage
Thanks for sending the screenshots @atc98092. I've been trying to recreate all of the issues that you've reported and have not been fully successful, although I have noted a few things. When I access the site in Chrome, I can click on the chevron icon and it takes me to the top of the last read post (with nothing cut off). When I click the title of the thread, it takes me to the very first post (not the last unread). When I go back to the main forum page, the chevron still shows up even after reading the post(s), however it does disappear if I refresh the page.

When I access the site using Firefox, I get slightly different behaviour. When I click on the chevron, it takes me to the latest posts, but the page jumps a couple of times as the ads on the page are loading. The second 'jump' results in the view that you see (top 2 lines of the post missing), however, once the ads have all loaded, it returns to a regular/full view of the most recent post. Just makes me wonder whether the view you are seeing is ad related. Did you mention if you are using an ad-blocker or not?

I should also note that in Firefox, the chevron/bold title does not disappear on its own, rather only after refreshing the page (like in Chrome).

You're right. It's definitely a bit puzzling and worth taking a closer look at. I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same issues or if it's an isolated situation. Anyone else want to chime in?

Cheers,

Erik

Test

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome