Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Limited-7” HK w/ Nav Head Unit Replacemnt
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
DaveAG

2017 Limited-7” HK w/ Nav Head Unit Replacemnt

Ever since I bought my Outback last July, the head unit is the only part of buyers remorse. With my state recently passing no cell phone while driving rules, I’ve got to do something. It seems idatalink is finally releasing harness/ adapter that doesn’t require replacing the amp & rerunning wires to speakers so I’m ready to pull the trigger and replace the head unit with an aftermarket unit that will support CarPlay.

Please indulge me with questions for fellow Gen5 OB owners who have upgraded:
  1. I know replacing the head unit kills Starlink, is this only the emergency calling features or does it even kill remote lock/ unlock and other features via the app?
  2. It also appears back up cameras are now supported but does replacing the head unit kill the back up auto braking and motion sensor?
  3. Does replacing the head unit improve the audio quality of Bluetooth (sound coming over your speakers), should your phone support it?
  4. I’m assuming that replacing the head unit means you lose phone call and turning directions data on the screen between the speedometer/ tachometer?

Thanks in advance!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome