Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Single Post - Need info on 2018 TPMS sensors
View Single Post
post #242 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 02:45 PM
GrumpySquatch

Car: 2019 2.5i Limited PZEV, EyeSight, Magnetite Gray Metallic, Black Interior
Happy to Report Success

I'll post the TL;DR version here and create a new thread with the details (and add the link later), but after a couple hours and a few inconveniences I am thrilled to report that Tire Rack and Autel have cracked the code.

Basic steps to success:
  1. Buy tires & wheels from Tire Rack with sensors for a 2019 Subaru Outback (I assume they now know what works for different models if there is indeed a difference but I"m only reporting what worked on my car).
  2. Buy an Autel TS508 TPMS tool (also from Tire Rack if you're so inclined).
  3. Use the sensor scan and OBD Relearn procedure on the 508 for a 2018 Outback to program the ECU.
  4. Profit!

Put the new wheels and tires on, used the 508 to read them to make sure they worked, followed the OBD Relearn procedure under the Advanced menu on the 508, then drove the car for 2 miles and about 6 minutes. And it all worked. Individual readings appeared on the pressure screen and no errors shown. I even verified that the system had the positions correct.

So there you go - we can finally do it ourselves again.

Mods:
- Curt 2" Receiver Hitch
- Husky front & rear floor liners
- LED interior & exterior bulbs (backup, license plate, door puddle)
- Method MR 501 wheels, Titanium gray w/ Yokohama Geolandar G015 225/65R17
- Optima Yellowtop Group 34 battery
- PIAA Solar Yellow 2500 fog lamps

RIP 2016 Outback 2.5 Limited; totaled 10/14/18

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome