Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Single Post - Timing belt kit question
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:43 PM
aesthetic.rake

Car: 2006 OutBean, 2005 LGTW
I had a look at the description of the T/B kit you linked to at amazon...

Quote:
Timing Belt Kit Subaru Impreza 2.2L 1999-2001. Includes: timing belt, water pump with gasket, timing belt tensioner assembly, right timing belt idler (smooth), left lower timing belt idler (smooth), cogged timing belt idler, two accessory drive belts, front crankshaft seal, two front camshaft seal kits, thermostat, thermostat gasket.This kit has original equipment manufactured parts, identical brands that originally came with the vehicle. The timing belt is Mitsuboshi or Bando brand. The water pump is NPW or Aisin of Japan. The thermostat is Kuzeh of Japan. All idler and tensioner bearings are double rowed and made in Japan by Koyo and NSK. The hydraulic tensioner assembly brand is NTN of Japan. The drive belts are Bando and the seal brand is Stone of Japan. Subaru recommends replacement every 105,000 miles or 105 months, whichever occurs first. This kit includes everything that should be replaced when doing a timing belt replacement. This kit will service Subaru Impreza's with 2.2L engines with a year range of 1999-2001. services years: 1999, 2000, 2001.
Looks like good quality parts are in that kit. Japanese bearings. Water pumps are good brands. I don't know about the "bando" brand though.

Looks quality, even though it's expensive.

I had a look at AISIN's website and you're right--they make no kit for your car.

Current cars: The Sex Wagon 2005 Legacy GT Wagon w/ 5 speed, Stage 2, TBSTI Bilsteins/STI Pinks and Whiteline everything else. The Outbean 2006 Legacy Outback LLBean 3.0r, All stock The Workhorse 2001 Toyota Tundra SR5 New Project 2009 2.5i SE--Blown Headgaskets

Past cars: 2001 Outback 2.5 Limited, 2003 Outback LLBean h6, 2008 Outback 2.5 base, 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium w CVT, 2003 BMW 330CI, 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome