Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Single Post - Gen5: Replacing the original battery with BETTER
View Single Post
post #763 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:16 PM
10SCJed

Car: 2018 3.6R Limited with #2 package in Crystal White Pearl
Garage
I had the battery light come on my 2018 a couple weeks ago, I thought I was being bit by the curse. I pulled my connectors off the battery and threw my charger on for about 5 hours. I reconnected the battery and fired her up-still had the light on. I had neglected to check the interior of the batter cable connectors (because the car is new with only 15k on it) like I usually do. I pulled them off and noticed that they seemed to have like grey paint coating the interior so I got to work with my battery brush and cleaned both of them as well as the posts, re attached and fired her up only to see the **** battery light still on. I started to look all around the engine compartment to see if I was missing something else. I then noticed that not only was my alternator not turning but the belt was not on. Difficult to see because the 3.6 has a huge engine cover on it. I started to look around to see WTF was going on and I see a small pair of teeth and some bugging eyes from some brown fur down near the crank pulley. I had a rat in the serpentine belt all wrapped up and had thrown off the belt. After prying him and the belt off I went on the quest to replace the belt as it had been compromised by being thrown. Tough to find the belt-nobody has them-even Subaru as the car was so new. The dealer asked why I was replacing it and how many miles were on the car? I just showed him the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4462.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	449839  

May the Four Winds Blow You Safely Home

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome