Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Limited-7” HK w/ Nav Head Unit Replacemnt
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:05 PM
washjeff68

I just completed replacing the head unit on my 2017 2.5 limited. Bought a Pioneer AVH 2330 from Best Buy and had them install it.

The new harness/adapters are basically plug and play, including for Starlink. They had to take the Starlink module (just under the radio on the existing HU) and find a place for it, and it was a tight fit. I have Starlink Safety Plus, and tested it today and it worked. Nice woman came on. asked if I needed help, and told me where I was located. I assume the other features would work as well. The installer had to get some help from Geek Central but they got er done.

All camera funtions were kept, and motion sensors operate. Haven't tested auto breaking, but I assume that works as well.

I find the sound to be much improved, and this HU gives you lots of options for fine tuning. I'm normally plugged in using Spotify on Apple Care Play

Yes, you do lose the turning data/phome call info , but that is all I've noticed. However, I discovered that if i am using Apple Maps for navigating, it syncs with my Apple watch (4) and when a manuver is coming up, my watch vibrates, snd info about the next move shows up on my watch. Not as good as having it right in front of you, but better than looking over at the screen.

I made the change because I got spoiled by having Car Play in my other car (2017 A4).

Hope this helps.

Jeff in Tennessee

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome