Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Single Post - '17 Outback Electrical Issues - EyeSight Goes Blind, and takes everything with it
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
FirestoneOutback

Car: 2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
Garage
Exclamation '17 Outback Electrical Issues - EyeSight Goes Blind, and takes everything with it

Hi Forum, hope you are all having a great day!

I'm desperately searching for some help with my 2017 Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Eyesight. This car has had way too many issues since I bought it new, and this one has been on- and off- again for over two years.

Basically, while driving, the EyeSight will suddenly disengage and the Check Engine light along with RAB, lane keep, collision prevention warning lights all turn on. Cruise control and x-mode are completely disabled as well. Basically, anything useful other than the engine. This condition will persist for several days, and then magically clear up. However, there is no warning about when or why this is happening.

The dealer has looked at this on several occasions. When they pull the error codes, it is literally dozens of codes all related to the electrical system. About 6,000 miles ago they settled on a defective battery, replaced it, and everything seemed fine... until two days ago when this happened again.

Has anyone seen this or have any insights as to what the heck is going on?

Thank you in advance for anything you can do to help!

FirestoneOutback

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190416_154913.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	450059  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome