Subaru Outback Forums banner

Dashcam Captures

17K views 55 replies 16 participants last post by  HeyChris 
#1 ·
I figured with the recent Karma gift post that those of us with dash cams, and future owners of such devices should have a place to post videos... I'll start with a few of my favorites from mine, all from inside 1SlickVDC:

#6 ·
In the two non-Karma videos it's the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH. Nice camera, just mind the super fragile coax cable. Will break after a few months if you install it through the hatch (as you will).

#7 · (Edited)
Blackvue DR650GW-2CH.

if you install it through the hatch (as you will).
I tried mounting my rear view cam, same brand, above my mirror looking back. It gives a view out the sides also. Not as pure as when I had it mounted on the hatch but try it sometime if you get the chance... Almost the view you see in the mirror; minus the happy face....

Here is one from before I moved the rear cam. Same guy minutes apart. Got to love instant karma! He paid the price!

Attachments

#8 ·
An early Saturday morning capture from my dash cam as I headed off to Marble Mountain for a day of skiing last month...notice as the truck spins around the post....it is so close that it rips the mirror off of the passenger side door. No one was hurt, but all the stuff in the back of the truck...including an axe, hydraulic jack, and tire iron flew into the oncoming lanes on the other side...good thing there were no cars coming.

Sorry...no Russian techno music... :)

#13 ·
#12 ·
@Sandbag
You could see he was going WAY too fast and never going to make that turn....

I'm adding this to show the best reason to have a dash-cam. This guy spent 15min doing stuff in his pickup bed before climbing in and heading out. I was 100ft away and headed toward him, to make sure he had enough room, when this happened.....

#14 ·
@Sandbag
You could see he was going WAY too fast and never going to make that turn....

I'm adding this to show the best reason to have a dash-cam. This guy spent 15min doing stuff in his pickup bed before climbing in and heading out. I was 100ft away and headed toward him, to make sure he had enough room, when this happened.....

Moron.
He was going too fast and he also cut the corner short and his trailer ran over the inside curb which started the trailer tipping over.

#15 ·

Got another good one, this one's time lapse of a storm coming in out east.

#18 ·
That exit leads to my job! I was watching this video and was thinking that area looked familiar lol.

I've been thinking about getting a dash cam for my car and had a question for yall. Do they record while the car is off at all and if they do is there a way that they don't drain the battery so I would need a jump?

#22 ·
You might wanna secure that camera a little better, be a bummer miss something if it moves during a braking maneuver.

There an adjustment on the mount?

#24 ·
Gotcha!

So this is a capture from a couple of days ago driving home from work. I was actually going to pull into the service station on the left when this dufus comes roaring by me on the left in a 70kmh, no passing zone. I posted the video to YouTube and then contacted the trucking company. If you go to YouTube to view this...Notice their comment in the comments section. I also had an email from them telling me they have dealt with the driver in question and asked if I would please take down the video...guess they don’t like the bad rap that goes with the driver.

This post has been deleted
#32 ·
Whoa. Yeah I'd wanna take a gander at that video too. Luckily everyone's okay, I'm assuming, and that's what counts. If you get a chance though, share up the video?

#34 ·
Instagram. lol

I had the coax run through the main bundle up by the hinges. I later switched it to coming out between the plastics so the cable didn't bend every time you opened it.

Reactions: nittanys1
#35 ·
What's so funny about Instagram? ;) I'm being lazy and haven't uploaded videos to youtube in forever!

Nice! Did that solver your issues? I ran mine through the rubber connections that all the other wires go through to the hatch. Was a little bit of a pain but well worth it in the end!

#36 ·
Being in the tech industry, I just have a thing with Insta/Facebook/anything else owned by that mess.

It did solve my issue. Ran most of a year without problems. Though now it's in a Legacy, so there's no hatch to be concerned about anymore.

#37 ·
CV failure caught on dashcam

My front left inner cv failed on Monday. The axle remained tethered to the cup by the boot. It keep it together until I could find a safe place to stop.

Have your sound on. Apologies if the video is shaky.

Subsequently found that the last garage to replace the boot installed the yoke onto the splines of the half shaft backwards, allowing movement. That's what Subaru told me when I'd flatbedded the car to them

#38 ·
My front left inner cv failed on Monday. The axle remained tethered to the cup by the boot. It keep it together until I could find a safe place to stop.

Have your sound on. Apologies if the video is shaky. https://youtu.be/rZ0xrAv2lGg

Subsequently found that the last garage to replace the boot installed the yoke onto the splines of the half shaft backwards, allowing movement. That's what Subaru told me when I'd flatbedded the car to them
Wow that will get your attention real quick!

#41 ·
"Have your sound on"

I had it turned up a little too high and I think I woke the dead. No joke that would have scared the bloody **** out of me.

Now with that disconnected, would that stress the clutch packs in any of the diffs/torque vectoring systems? I mean it's really nice that unlike most FWD vehicles, you were able to get somewhere safe first.

#42 ·
Sorry about that!!
No idea if anything other than me got stressed. The wheel kept turning at more-or-less the same speed as all the others as the cv boot held on. Subaru said the splines needed cleaning up/bit scored but didn't need replacing.

#44 ·
Just because you put your turn signal on doesn’t make it legal...crazy thing os that trailer needed to turn left just after the car passed him. Imaging if he was getting over while he was passing! Asshat threw all kinds of rocks up on my car :-/ and wouldn’t you know it...we were parked right next to each other at the next light.

#45 ·
That second video- the first thing that caught my eye was the unmarked car you passed ;-)

I was driving down a side street near my home a few years ago when a car decided to pass me at surprisingly high speed. I started muttering “there’s never a cop around when you..” when an unmarked car pulled out from the curb, blocked the street, and turned on his lights.

Very satisfying.

#46 ·
I haven't had all that much on post worthy videos... Or by the time I remember, it was overwritten on the memory card.

Red corvette passed me moments ago in video... Right front wheel rolling down hwy on right shoulder.

Timestamp off on dying dash cam...

No clue to what I was listening that day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.