Official Photo Posting, Q + A Thread - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Gallery Ninja

Car: 2004 Outback "Bluebaru" & 2005 Outback XT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"Great Subaru Site

This is a GREAT Site and I hope to become part of the "family"....."

NOTE: ubiquitous and others, I moved the discussion and "Hello" to the new guys area. Check it out:

HERE

Ancient moderator of color and bokeh. Boxxerace Outback Gallery:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Gallery Ninja

A good point made (Tnx Evo)

There are two methods for uploading and creating either a topic based thread gallery or your own personal as a few of us have done.

You can upload individual photos one at a time, one per post which may work for a few of you. More than likely you are going to want to do the following suggestion.

I suggest you load your finest photos to a hosting site like photobucket.com or coppermine. This will allow you to save images to the hosting site that you can link your images from.

Once you have your photo's uploaded, copy and paste the link that has the "IMG" tags around the photo name as so: [ img]imagenamehere.jpg[ /img] (note: no spaces in the [ img ])

You can link as many photos as you want into any thread here or any other forum site (provided the IMG tag feature is turned on). You are allowed to make your own gallery in the forum/gallery thread provided you try and keep it somewhat Subaru oriented. In fact you are encouraged to share your photographs so please do!

Examples:

Jazzys Photo Funkiness

OttieHunds meet the Local Aussies

DOHC Personal Gallery

You can even borrow non-copyrighted images using the img tag button on top to post images like this one found on a california goverment website:

Still confused? PM me, and I will help walk you through it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Tokyo's between my toes

Car: 2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
Good suggestions, B, I keep a photobucket account for similar purposes.

post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 12:26 PM

Car: 06 baja spt -atl. blue
problems posting

I give up.It keeps saying file size to big,whether it's the gallery or after a post.I've tried to change size to no avail.I'm new to this stuff & never posted a pic. online before.Any suggestions? Thanks.

AWD!
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Gallery Ninja

Well, most likely your camera took your images at a (print) quality setting of 300 DPI (or dots-per-inch). PC screens only show 72 DPI, which causes your print quality image to be much too large and slow for internet or email use.

Ok, the ticket then is to resize the image to get it down to 72 dpi and about 800-1200 pixels wide by whatever tall. (Sort of like making a 4"x 6" print).

Ok, two easy methods. First, create a photobucket account as described above. Photobucket auto-resizes things for you. Then, after loading your images into photobucket you are provided a "link" or an address. Go ahead and use the address on the bottom of the three (you will see) with the "IMG" tags already inserted before the "http://www.photobucket.com/user123/mysubaruoutback.jpg". Now, copy and paste the "link" or address into the text area that you write in, and walla, once you preview or post, your images will appear.

The second, using the attachment method described above, is to use Microsofts powertoy Image Resizer. The free plugin is linked from within the following article.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...schelman2.mspx

Ask away with more questions!

post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 03:38 PM

Car: 06 baja spt -atl. blue
Thanks,But I managed to get a few in the Gallery & I'm fine with that.I'm bad at this but I'm learning,I think.

AWD!
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 03:44 AM

Car: '97 Outback 2.5L, winter package, 6000k HID, custom K&N CAI, Yakima Rack, Hella 500 fogs, custom short shift, Stainless headers, Hella Supertones, WRX seats, 16" Rotas
deleting pictures from gallery??

sorry if this question has already been answered elsewhere, i searched but didn't find anything. anyway... how do you delete pictures out of your personal gallery?

thanks.

rainieroutback.
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Tokyo's between my toes

Well, I just went in and deleted the failed download that was mostly just gray. There is a link titled Edit Picture, and following that brings up a screen with a checkbox to delete the image.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 02:41 PM

Car: '97 Outback 2.5L, winter package, 6000k HID, custom K&N CAI, Yakima Rack, Hella 500 fogs, custom short shift, Stainless headers, Hella Supertones, WRX seats, 16" Rotas
thanks lizard, i've got it dialed now.

rainieroutback.
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Tokyo's between my toes

Do you see that edit link? I'm logged into the board as an admin, so you may not see some choices that I do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: