Subaru Outback Forums banner

I think it looks better wet

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Boxxerace 
#1 ·

You can see my panel missing on the tow point in this pic. ack! (been trying to hide that until I get a new bumper welded together)
but I came out this morning and the rain had rinsed off all the mud and figured I'd share my joy with you guys :cool:

See less See more
#6 ·
1) I like that vette, I got my land speed record in it
166 mph :cool: (outrunning apache helicopters by 3 mph)
2) yes, I found a guy who'll sell me a 3 ft X 5 ft 3/16th steel plate for 15$. seems like it'd make a mighty fine skid plate.

#8 ·
FMGreen said:

Ok fine, you win.

...but I still think it'd make for a hilarious picture. ;)
I would like to see a land speed record in the vette WITH a subaru on its roof while being chased by hellfire shooting apache's and flaming ninja's!

So Brucey, just want does one to to be able to race apache helicopters in a hot sports car? <---- Speaking o f corvette's. I have a much greater respect for this car than any other "american" car. It is one of the best cars for $50k that one can get ( in terms of sports car category). Myself, I would still buy and STI because I simply love Subaru's, but I get your point.

#9 ·
For around $50,000 I'd get a Lotus Elise. They only have 190 HP but weigh less than 2000 lbs. The power to weight ratio is slightly higer than the base Corvette, plus they are quite rare. I've only seen one on the road. There is a Lotus dealer about two miles away that I've driven by and they look pretty sweet lined up - just waiting to be taken to the track.

#10 ·
I've seen quite a few of those lotus's running around (morgantown, 20 thousand college kids), and the vette is a very fun toy. thats all it is, thats all it will ever be, a toy. Its way too impractical even as a second car. and you guys cant tell me if you got a vette and an abandonded air field you wouldnt see how fast you could get up too ;) the new LS7 powered Z06's are simply insane, definately be my third car if I won the lottery :D

And I know you guys will hate me, but I prefer an Evo over an STI
even though they seem to be more bothersome, its got a slight edge over the STI, and its hideous. downright hideous from all angles. makes it all the better when you beat the F body. :cool:

#11 ·
Lotus Elise, yes, I am trying to convince my Boss to buy and insure one as a company vehicle. <---- Course, I would have to borrow it to make errands :) Another car I am a big fan of at least in concept.

My brother tried out a new Corvette at an autocross and he said it was simply rediculous. He went back to the porsche boxter and did much better. (it was a second gear course as he described)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.