'18 Magnetite Dad mobile - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2018 Limited 2.5i
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
been enjoying the miles ive put on here thus far, 8800 +/- as of this morning, coming up on 5 months of ownership. I will say that there are a few things that are testing my patients and sanity with the vehicle- the drivers seat squeaking/popping, dash rattle(could be a loose speaker on the drivers side or something in the steering column). aside from that the gas mileage just started to rise alittle more, which is the main reason I bought it so im happy with that.

went ahead and bought some diode dynamic SLF LED yellow fogs for the fall/winter months. also bought some lamin-x yellow fog covers to really make em yellow for the fall/winter. I figured these are the foggiest and the months with the most inclement weather, why not? plus aside from lighting and maintenance im not doing much to this car for awhile. I went with the diode dynamics over the Philips ultinon yellow LED as the diode dynamics were MUCH brighter than the Philips advertised they were, I think its 680 lumens vs almost 800 lumens or so. should have these installed by the weekend- if it ever stops raining

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slf.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	437661  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
installed the yellow SLF diode dynamics bulbs this weekend with a lamin-x yellow film over the fogs. overall pleased with the outcome, I figured since im not intending on lifting or changing much other than lighting or easily installed mods for the time being, this would fit the bill. also gave it a nice foam bath this weekend, as its been nothing rainy weather since I had it ceramic coated back in july.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	yellow2 (2).jpg
Views:	76
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	438049   Click image for larger version

Name:	yellow1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	438051   Click image for larger version

Name:	yellow.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	438053  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
i ended up removing the lamin-x covers on the fogs probably a week after install. i didnt like the look after all, plus i think i botched the install. i removed them and ran the fogs as is for alittle over a month. we then had a wintery mix roll through and the fogs got washed out in the weather, you couldnt tell a distinction between the headlights and the fogs. they kind of just faded into the headlights. so i started searching for a better alternative and went with the philips 2700k LEDs. theyre darker in color than the diode dynamics and you can tell a difference in color when on at night. the break between the foglights and the headlights is more noticeable with the philips as they are a darker yellow. heres a pic for comparison- taken during the day you can still tell a difference in which is the philips and which is the diode dynamics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fogsyellow.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	441301  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 04:42 PM

Car: 2017 Outback Touring 2.5
Parox,

You're not just talking to yourself; I'm enjoying reading your updates! (Especially concerning the fogs/driving lights.)

-Ken
paroxysym likes this.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 10:20 PM

love it
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 02:47 PM

Car: 2016 2.5i Premium
Looks great!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Appreciate the kind words guys. The overall goal for this car, like many other vehicles I have owned is an OEM+ look- the way subaru should have released or optioned the car. That being said I removed my metal subaru license plate brackets in favor of C&C CarWorx brackets front and rear. The fit and finish on them is great and really cleans up the exterior of the car. I’ll post pics later when I’m not posting from my phone.

I just rolled 15k in the car and we are experiencing our first substantial snow here in Maryland this evening. I was greeted with a nice crack in my windshield yesterday. Not sure what it’s from, was sitting at a light and heard a nice ‘pop’- looked up and saw a nice 10” crack from the middle of the A-pillar towards the center of the windshield. Definitely bummed about it... looking to hear back from SOA on this, wondering if my Gold Plus warranty may cover it.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
installed the C&C carworx license plate brackets front and rear this past weekend before the snow, nothing like installing these in 30 degree weather. overall for $60 im not 100% on board with the price of them but the look and finish is great and does give the car a more finished look. i originally installed some metal matte black subaru frames, but the rear rattled on the hatch and i didnt like that.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	plate.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	443983   Click image for larger version

Name:	plate1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	443985  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
this past weekend the MD area got around 4"-8" of snow, the wagons first snow. it was alittle nerve racking clearing the snow off here as i didnt want to damage the paint let alone the ceramic coating but i managed LOL. the cold snow on the windshield and the defroster set to 75 didnt make the small crack i had in my windshield happy and it proceeded to double in size. looks like ill be calling the dealership AGAIN on this to see what they can do and what my gold plus warranty does for this- probably nothing. i priced a replacement through safelite at around $450. not cool... as for snow performance with the OEM bridgestone with 15k on them, nothing bad to report. most the highways were just wet, parking lots and side streets had some fresh powder and slush but no slipping. i will say that after a 20min ride to the gym, the car had a faint burning smell- after some research it appears thats just from the center diff locking up more than its used to. i wasnt doing donuts or anything just normal driving.

she goes in for an oil change/tire rotating in 2 weeks so ill be having the windshield replaced hopefully. also i had the squeaky drivers seat fixed approx a month ago and its been great so far, but i fear the squeaks coming back or the frames failing again.. who knows.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	snow.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	443987   Click image for larger version

Name:	crack.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	443989  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
been a rough week for the wagon... windshield cracked on friday, the following sunday i curbed one of my wheels. been a rough 1st month of 2019. windshield will be replaced this week with a subaru replacement, it will cost me a whopping $780. but i need it done so ill bite the bullet. as for the rim, a new 18" wheel will cost me around $150 or so. i guess ill wait till next oil change to get the rim swapped out. unreal...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: