'18 Magnetite Dad mobile - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 12:17 PM

Car: 2019 Outback Touring 3.6R
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
i ended up removing the lamin-x covers on the fogs probably a week after install. i didnt like the look after all, plus i think i botched the install. i removed them and ran the fogs as is for alittle over a month. we then had a wintery mix roll through and the fogs got washed out in the weather, you couldnt tell a distinction between the headlights and the fogs. they kind of just faded into the headlights. so i started searching for a better alternative and went with the philips 2700k LEDs. theyre darker in color than the diode dynamics and you can tell a difference in color when on at night. the break between the foglights and the headlights is more noticeable with the philips as they are a darker yellow. heres a pic for comparison- taken during the day you can still tell a difference in which is the philips and which is the diode dynamics.
How do the fogs perform during rain/snow storms?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2018 Limited 2.5i
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodingi View Post
How do the fogs perform during rain/snow storms?
i like the cut off from the factory LEDs and the yellow fogs, i feel like the darker color does indeed help in inclement weather. i was worried about them not generating enough heat and ice and snow accumulating on the fogs, but thats not an issue. i feel the 6k light up the front alittle more than the 2700k BUT i like the break up between the OEM LEDs and the fogs. i like the look and they do serve a purpose. i do need to reaim my headlights as they tend to get washed out alittle in the rain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: