martin_j001's D-Adventure wagon - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Acquired MaxTrax and a kinetic rope along with soft shackles.

Traveled the eastern-most part of the GA Traverse.

Got a big ass crack in the windshield today when I went to rinse it off. >

--Jeff
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
Overland Bound Member #13185

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 07:36 AM

Which Tom's where you able to use? Did you pull from stock wheels or after market?

post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage9984 View Post
Which Tom's where you able to use? Did you pull from stock wheels or after market?

Aftermarket, Schraeder 33510. They worked fine, they just had to be set up correctly.

--Jeff

post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
Quote:

Aftermarket, Schraeder 33510. They worked fine, they just had to be set up correctly.
Do you mind sharing the link to where you got them? Also what needed to be done to set them up correctly?
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 09:38 AM

Car: Outback 2001/11 . 2.5AT . VDC .
Garage
What specs that kinetic rope? Looks thin. Have model of that maybe?

OBW '01 / H4 SOHC 2.5 / 4EAT / VDC / rear LSD / LPG conversion / 2'' top strut spacers lift / BFG TA KO2 215/65 R16 /GC - 10.2''/26cm
both sway bars removed
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalman View Post
What specs that kinetic rope? Looks thin. Have model of that maybe?

3/4", up to 20k lbs. If anything, it's a bit on the heavy side, based on my research. Some sources seem to recommend 2-3x GVWR, others recommend 3-4. This is right at 4x GVWR.

--Jeff

post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Martin,

Good looking recovery. Hope you don't need it, but, it's always good to be prepared. That stinks you cracked the windshield.
martin_j001 likes this.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Martin,

Good looking recovery. Hope you don't need it, but, it's always good to be prepared. That stinks you cracked the windshield.

Yep, I hope to never need either the rope or MaxTrax, but I'd rather have them just in case. And yeah, I'm not too happy. Got an appointment with the dealership today on an unrelated fix (air vent making noise), so will see what they have to say. The windshield hasn't taken any rocks or anything like that, so I'd like to think a spontaneous crack like this would be covered, but we'll see...

--Jeff

post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Do you mind sharing the link to where you got them? Also what needed to be done to set them up correctly?

They were included with my wheels/tires from Discount Tire. They had to be activated, then the car programmed to "see" them. Using Discount Tire's scan/programming tool, and programming the car as a '17 Impreza, if I'm remembering correctly.

--Jeff

post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Update on the broken windshield. My initial dealer visit did not result in the proper protocol being followed (unbeknownst to me at the time), and I was told to initiate a claim with Subaru of America. Called Subaru of America as instructed by service advisor and they were a bit baffled, as they clearly stated the windshield is indeed covered by a warranty if there is no sign of impact that could have caused the damage (which I had in writing on a form from the dealership that there was no sign of impact). So, it took two days, but I was finally able to speak the service manager at the dealership, and eventually had to go back so she could get pictures of the cracks herself to submit a claim up to Subaru of America's Warranty group. So that was done this past Friday. Saturday, I decided to wash the car and get the dirt/dust off it. As I finished up and looked over the car, lo and behold there's another crack...this one beginning at the lower passenger side and spreading up and across the windshield. Immediately drove to the dealership to show them and have it added to the claim. Now I'm just waiting, and growing irritated with the little issues and seeming lack of communication at times. Subaru of America customer service has been very pleasant when I've dealt with them, but has also admitted to me a frustration in being able to get a hold of anyone who can give us updates/information from the dealership. Sadly though, I'm reminded why I try to avoid the dealership service departments altogether... Hopefully this gets addressed soon...I'm tired of driving around a car with less than 5k miles on it where I wonder about the integrity of the thing that's supposed to keep things from hitting me in the face in a worst case scenario.

jakemccoy likes this.

--Jeff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: