martin_j001's D-Adventure wagon - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
martin_j001's D-Adventure wagon

Started out as a stock 2018 3.6R Limited Outback.

Currently sports: Yakima LoadWarrior with extension, Yakima spare tire mount, Lamin-X yellow fog films, 35% tint on front passenger and drivers side windows, 50% tint on back of car, 80% on windshield and sunroof.

ausdland likes this.

--Jeff
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
Overland Bound Member #13185

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New wheels and tires installed. Motegi MR118 17x8et32 with Conti TerrainContacts 245/65/17. Experienced a tiny bit of rubbing on the inner fender well in the front, so it was trimmed a little to prevent it. Not a big deal, but I might as well not hear it. Also got the Ecohitch and trailer wiring harness installed. Shout out to @Discount Tire for the help in getting the wheels and tires picked out, ordered and shipped to me, and my local DT shop for a quick and easy install, as well as to AllPro Subaru for the hitch install.

Torklift and vhercules like this.

--Jeff

post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
time to roll the fenders, like a classic drag racer with humongous tires.

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Haha, yeah, they definitely fill the wheel wells some. I guess many I've seen with this setup may already have a lift, so it's not as noticeable then. I like it though...ride feels good, not a ton of noise, and definitely a more capable tire than the Duelers.

--Jeff

post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 12:50 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
New wheels and tires installed. Motegi MR118 17x8et32 with Conti TerrainContacts 245/65/17. Experienced a tiny bit of rubbing on the inner fender well in the front, so it was trimmed a little to prevent it. Not a big deal, but I might as well not hear it. Also got the Ecohitch and trailer wiring harness installed. Shout out to @Discount Tire for the help in getting the wheels and tires picked out, ordered and shipped to me, and my local DT shop for a quick and easy install, as well as to AllPro Subaru for the hitch install.

Your second photo really gives a good look at your new tire/wheel package. That should be a big improvement in traction, plus it looks amazing.

Thank you for your business.
martin_j001 likes this.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 11:20 PM

Car: 2003 Toyota Highlander 3.0 FWD, 2009 Outback XT Limited 5MT - R.I.P.
Garage
Your OB looks beautiful.

I used to work for Discount Tire. One of the best companies out there. Currently do business with Les Schwab, but only because they give me a 30% discount through my employer; can't beat that.
Discount Tire and martin_j001 like this.

Cheap is expensive and expensive is cheap.
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 10:39 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for your previous service, Old Chub!
Old Chub likes this.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 11:37 PM

Car: 2003 Toyota Highlander 3.0 FWD, 2009 Outback XT Limited 5MT - R.I.P.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Thank you for your previous service, Old Chub!
Any time! One of my favorite occupations I've had, and a great company to work for. Really appreciated working with a great team and my manager always made sure he had my best interest at heart. Just a small shout-out to TXS 21!

Cheap is expensive and expensive is cheap.
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 02:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for your kind words. I agree, working for Discount Tire is Unbelievable. They take care of their people and customers with a genuine care about doing the right thing.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 03:19 PM

Car: 2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
...Also got the Ecohitch and trailer wiring harness installed...
@martin_j001: I am looking to purchase a hitch and I was wondering what made you pick the EcoHitch over the Draw-Tite.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: