Photos: Where my Subarus have been... - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 6Likes
  • 3 Post By mmander
  • 1 Post By traildogck
  • 1 Post By traildogck
  • 1 Post By tddockery

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2019 Outback 3.6R Limited w/EyeSight (Crimson Red Pearl)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A few months back, I switched from a number of years of driving Foresters to a new 2019 Outback 3.6R. I thought I'd share some of the places I've been with my previous Subarus, many of which I hope to revisit in the Outback in the future! I'll go in reverse order, one photo for each Subaru, starting with my new Outback...

2019 Outback 3.6R near Spences Bridge, BC, Canada...

2017 Forester XT, camping near John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, Painted Hills Unit, USA, at sunset the evening before the great solar eclipse of 2017...

2015 Forester XT, a moonlit night of camping at the Little City of Rocks Preserve in Idaho, USA...

2014 Forester XT, very remote camping near a cliff edge overlooking the Green River, nearly due west of Moab, Utah, USA and north of Canyonlands National Park...

2012 Forester, exploring the backcountry near the Blue Mass Scenic Area, eastern central Nevada, USA...

Finally, my 2009 Impreza coming back out of a jeep trail in Death Valley, California, USA. No I didn't give up, rather I drove all the way to the Inyo Mine Ruins, camping on a short off-shoot trail near the ruins the night before. It was my first Subaru trip, and previously I had been up Echo Canyon with the old Isuzu Trooper. Needed to drive very carefully with the stock Impreza of course, really being careful with wheel placement, but it made it just fine with no damage...

Okay, one more: a shot of my last vehicle, before getting into Subarus. My 1999 Isuzu Trooper in Grand Staircase, Escalante National Monument, Utah, USA. An amazing view and sadly, the road there definitely needed high clearance and low-range, a spot where no stock Subaru would likely ever make it to...

- Mike Mander
Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

History with Subaru post:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 05:34 PM

Car: 2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
One of your Subarus is a Mitsubishi

tdck's FrankenWagon
suspension - brakes - cooling - power

XRT Tuned, Running Blind

tdck's Cherry Bomb
Chassis & Suspension Bits

Also XRT Tuned & Running Blind

CKE SSP product information and sales :
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by traildogck View Post
One of your Subarus is a Mitsubishi
Well, if you read the text you'd notice it was actually an Isuzu Trooper!

If you think that the shot is not appropriate here, despite being clearly labeled as not a Subaru, I can remove it?

- Mike Mander
Blog:

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 05:42 PM

Car: 2008 Subaru Outback Base. 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i. 2013 Harely-Davidson FLHTK.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmander View Post
Well, if you read the text you'd notice it was actually an Isuzu Trooper!

If you think that the shot is not appropriate here, despite being clearly labeled as not a Subaru, I can remove it?
Traildog was just being funny...…I have met him and he's a great guy. It belongs here, it shows where you came from.

Great pictures, of great places!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTIBob View Post
Traildog was just being funny...…I have met him and he's a great guy. It belongs here, it shows where you came from.

I was joking and I did mistake the Isuzu for a Mitsu

Good Burn...since I never learned to read.
BTIBob likes this.

tdck's FrankenWagon

XRT Tuned, Running Blind

tdck's Cherry Bomb

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by traildogck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTIBob View Post

I was joking and I did mistake the Isuzu for a Mitsu

Good Burn...since I never learned to read.
LOL, sorry but my humor recognition routines must have crashed! 🙂

- Mike Mander
Blog:

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 08:08 PM

The shooting star is priceless...
ClovisMan likes this.

tdck's FrankenWagon

XRT Tuned, Running Blind

tdck's Cherry Bomb

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 10:07 PM

Car: 2008 3.0R LL Bean in Deep Bronze Met.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmander View Post

2015 Forester XT, a moonlit night of camping at the Little City of Rocks Preserve in Idaho, USA...

This is an EPIC photo....Subaru needs to get permission, and use this.

Well done you.
ClovisMan likes this.

2016 3.6R in Lapis Blue over beige leather. Rear Bumper Cover, JDM wheel well trim, 235/60/18 Geolandar G015's, Rage Powersports Safari Basket, Full size roof mounted spare, Auto dimming side mirrors, Rear Bumper Underguard, Remote Start, Seat Back Protectors, Draw-Tite Max hitch....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tddockery View Post
This is an EPIC photo....Subaru needs to get permission, and use this.

Well done you.
Thanks for the vote of confidence tddockery and traildogck. Sadly that generation of Forester is now history, so it's rather unlikely Subaru would be interested in my shots.

Back when I had my Isuzu trucks, I did some promotional photography with my own vehicle out on trails in the Desert Southwest, but the shots were only every used for posters in my dealer's showroom. I was hoping that maybe Isuzu corporate would take notice and want to buy the rights to use a shot in a larger campaign, but it never happened. I do have a full-time job and photography is, primarily, just a relaxing hobby (as well as a great reason to explore the wilds!) so I don't make much of an effort to market myself or sell photos. It would then become too much like work! I do however take the hobby rather seriously nonetheless...

- Mike Mander
Blog:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: