Best Place To Order Parts - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best Place To Order Parts

I am looking to do my 60K maintenance on my 2014 Outback. Where is the best place for price on parts? If not using Genuine Subaru parts what brand do you recommend for brake pads, engine and differential oil? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:38 PM

Car: 2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
Garage
I used Subaru Parts Warehouse and was happy. their prices were much better then my local dealers. I like OE parts for the Subaru the aftermarket don't seem to last as long or fit quite as good a lot of times.

2014 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:57 PM

Car: 2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
www.subaruonlineparts.com is a forum sponsor. I've bought from them and been happy.

Alternatively, take their price to your dealer and see if they'll match it. They may not match the part cost exactly but they might come close when shipping is factored. I did this for the roof-mount bike rack and ended up with a better price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wagon & a 2.5 Limited Sedan
did we really need this thread again? (as the whole forum is like dedicated to such discussion).

rock auto, parts train, amazon,

walmart = fluids. (as they are costly / heavy to ship)

subaru OEM CVT fluid though, and 2014 has the clock ticking on the CVT. and the 100,000 warranty.
(so smart people that want to keep the car change the CVT fluid to ward off disaster....preferably with a receipt from the dealer that it was changed,....if you want to skimp and gamble: ask a few transmission shops for alternative pricing on a fluid swap and )

60,000 miles is about as long as I would want to go on CVT fluid in such a car. (like if I bought it with that many miles I would swap it that minute).

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:22 AM

Car: OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHENG View Post
I am looking to do my 60K maintenance on my 2014 Outback. Where is the best place for price on parts? If not using Genuine Subaru parts what brand do you recommend for brake pads, engine and differential oil? Thanks
Subaru pads and Subaru caliper pin grease or Silglyde
Amsoil engine and differential oil

The Subaru pads are excellent quality and come with new OEM retaining clips (also high quality - less prone to rust than some aftermarket , excellent fit and finish), some aftermarkets dont' come with clips. With Silglyde and new clips you'll never replace any brake components, not even rotors, for a quarter million miles in a Subaru.

There are other great pads but for the average DIY the Subaru stuff is just a flat excellent repeatable choice and you're not missing any significant gains looking elsewhere.

Alternately use whatever Synthetic oils you want - they're all acceptable and online love affairs with Mobil 1, etc are all but pragmatically worthless, anecdotal, self fulfilling prophecies. Take oil obsessions to bobistheoilgibberish website. Mechanically and reliability wise - you're 1000X better off reducing your oil change intervals a small amount, checking the oil more often, etc - than worrying about what brand for daily driver usage. You can make 250,000 miles in a Subaru *every single time* on whatever synthetic oil is on sale at Wal-Mart. There is quite literally zero downside to doing that and many people do. they're just not all over the internet posting about their "magic, exceptional, epic oil change prowess" like the brand loyalists. Keep in mind what you read on the internet does attract a certain personality type.

H6 OBW VDC, H6 OB Sedan, Tribeca, Lifted XT6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: