Speaker problems - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By mprosco91
  • 2 Post By KingBing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Speaker problems

I have a 2018 Outback, which a complete failure of the infotainment center, which was replaced. Ever since, the speakers have not worked well. The driver side front speaker is the only one which works all of the time. The center speaker is mostly not working, but randomly works for maybe a minute at a time. The other speakers work, but at a much lower volume. Has anyone else had this problem, and do you know how to get it fixed? I have had it in for service and they said they could not find a problem. Told me they were working, but as soon as I got in the car I knew they had not solved the problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 08:38 AM

Car: 03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
you may need to get SOA involved. If possible, find a piece of music that illustrates the problem well and have the service writer listen in you car and then compare to a different car on the lot?

Time Flies Like an Arrow,
Fruit Flies Like a Banana!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 08:59 AM

Car: 2016 Outback 3.6R Ltd. w. Eyesight
Assuming your balance/fade settings are correct, I'd call SOA as advised above. Could be a bad replacement head unit, or perhaps the tech who replaced the unit did a poor or partial job re-connecting the speakers.

Current Garage:
2016 Outback 3.6R Ltd. w. Eyesight
2012 Honda CRV 4WD EX
2008 Honda Fit Sport
2015 Kawasaki Versys 650
1986 Schwinn Sierra MTB :^)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
Assuming your balance/fade settings are correct, I'd call SOA as advised above. Could be a bad replacement head unit, or perhaps the tech who replaced the unit did a poor or partial job re-connecting the speakers.
This.....or when the head unit went bad it killed the amp as well. Older models used to be under the passenger seat. Not sure if that's still their location

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Doug Just Doug likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:21 AM

Car: 2018 Outback 2.5i Limited; Green/Ivory; Eyesight; Navigation
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprosco91 View Post
This.....or when the head unit went bad it killed the amp as well. Older models used to be under the passenger seat. Not sure if that's still their location

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post

This all depends on the trim level of the Outback. The speaker connections may either be at the head unit or they may be at the amp.

A little more information and investigation would be needed. Either way, I'd keep hounding Subaru about it. Either back to the dealer or calling SOA. I'd most likely do the latter and then the former.
Doug Just Doug and mprosco91 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: