Brake job issue on 2015 Outback (also fuse problem?) - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By skipw

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brake job issue on 2015 Outback (also fuse problem?)

So I did a brake flush and brake pad change on my 2015 Outback. Had no issues and everything seemed to go fine. Afterwards the brakes felt good but there is an audible 'whooshing' sound (inside near the pedal) when depressing the brake pedal far past the brake's limits. Usually done when sitting still. The brakes are very crisp and firm when moving though, and do not seem to have air in the lines. Prior to doing this there was no whooshing sound, so I assume something is wrong.

I also can no longer roll down the passenger side window with just the driver's controls. Just the front passenger window. Do I need to change a fuse here? I'm guessing disconnecting the negative battery terminal prior to brake flush might be the cause here.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:36 AM

Car: 2016 Tungsten Outback 2.5l Premium w/ES, OP 14, PP #4
Try this:
Initialize the power window in the following procedure to reactivate such functions.
1.Close the driver’s door.
2.Turn the ignition switch to the“ON” position.
3.Open the driver’s side window halfway by pushing down the power window switch.
4.Pull up the power window switch and close the window completely. Continue pulling up the switch for approximately 1 second after the window is closed completely.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 10:09 AM

Car: '15 Outback 2.5i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero View Post
Try this:
Initialize the power window in the following procedure to reactivate such functions.
3.Open the driver’s side window halfway by pushing down the power window switch.
4.Pull up the power window switch and close the window completely. Continue pulling up the switch for approximately 1 second after the window is closed completely.
Repeat this procedure from the passenger seat using the passenger's window switch to reinitialize that window (also do this for any other windows that have one-touch automatic open/close).
Biebs likes this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero View Post
Try this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipw View Post
Repeat this procedure from the passenger seat using the passenger's window switch to reinitialize that window (also do this for any other windows that have one-touch automatic open/close).

Thanks so much! I'll definitely be giving this a try.

Any ideas on the brake pedal noise?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

So I just realized (after a bit of googling) that it is possible something may be wrong with the brake booster (which is near the brake pedal and works via vacuum).

Is there any way to reinitialize or reset the brake booster? Is it possible my brake booster is bad?

Edit: Found a video of the exact same issue:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: