FS (CT) : Parting out 2nd Gen Outback H6 VDC - Page 6 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #51 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2003 Outback Limited 2.5L H4 5MT Regatta Red Pearl w/ lift and audio system
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi, motor is pending sale, I will let you know if it falls through.

Je Suis Désolé...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 05:51 PM

Car: 06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
If I *needed* an exhaust right now I'd drive to CT to pick it up... as soon as someone else snatches it up mine will finally disintegrate, guaranteed.

Maybe I can get a bud to pick it up and store it awhile, how far are you from poughkeepsie?

post #53 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wagon & a 2.5 Limited Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
If I *needed* an exhaust right now I'd drive to CT to pick it up... as soon as someone else snatches it up mine will finally disintegrate, guaranteed.

Maybe I can get a bud to pick it up and store it awhile, how far are you from poughkeepsie?
mine is still intact although it no longer looks pretty,

I got more subaru rumble recently.
(muffler is a little more high flow then it was).

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #54 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2003 Outback Limited 2.5L H4 5MT Regatta Red Pearl w/ lift and audio system
Engine is sold!

Dave, I'm about 2 hours from Poughkeepsie. I could deliver there but it would be preferable if I could meet in the middle or have it picked up here.
post #55 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wagon & a 2.5 Limited Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibug View Post
Engine is sold!

Dave, I'm about 2 hours from Poughkeepsie. I could deliver there but it would be preferable if I could meet in the middle or have it picked up here.
the city should thank you each for spelling it right:
Poughkeepsie /pəˈkɪpsiː/, officially the City of Poughkeepsie, is a city in the state of New York, United States, which serves as the county seat of Dutchess County. Poughkeepsie is located in the Hudson Valley midway between New York City and Albany. The name derives from a word in the Wappinger language, roughly U-puku-ipi-sing, meaning "the reed-covered lodge by the little-water place," referring to a spring or stream feeding into the Hudson River south of the present downtown area.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poughkeepsie,_New_York

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #56 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 06:24 PM

Car: 06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
Going to see if I can chain a few favors together...
post #57 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 07:10 PM

Car: 2003 LL Bean Outback H6 and 2006 Outback 2.5
Hey tibug,

Sorry to hear about your crash

Do you still have the vent grill located on the passenger side on top of the dashboard ?

Michael 01907
post #58 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 09:42 PM

Car: 2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited || "1SlickVDC" 2001 Outback H6 VDC
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to botenredwolf Send a message via Skype™ to botenredwolf
How 'bout both front door interior panels, shifter trim ring (black piece), and for sheer curiosity, the rear axle?

Kenwood DMX7704S + iDataLink Maestro, Stock H/K speakers and amplifier, JL 12W6v3 HO Wedge, JL XD1000/5v2 adding some kick. (Not hooked up yet: Hertz Energy component speakers)

botenredwolf lives in the Audio section of this forum and is a MECP Installer

Like my advice? Buy me a drink:
13nPyPmaUQK4Lp6wz6ikGSH7jBSMB2KKdv (BTC)
0x15dc8d61f72b66fd6df726f678706642d9c70bfc (ETH)

post #59 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruman49 View Post
Hey tibug,

Sorry to hear about your crash

Do you still have the vent grill located on the passenger side on top of the dashboard ?

Michael 01907
Thanks, but it was actually my friend's car. She was at fault in the accident and therefore got nothing from insurance. I bought it from her and am parting it out with a portion of the profit going to her...but most to me. The eerie thing was that only a couple weeks prior to the accident, I had mentioned that I want the engine out of her car to swap into my car if she ever junks it. That was before I knew that it was a VDC car and the swap would basically require an entire wiring harness from a non-VDC car (to mate with a manual transmission)...but I bought it anyway.

I'm sure I do still have the vent grille, I'll try and get pictures tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by botenredwolf View Post
How 'bout both front door interior panels, shifter trim ring (black piece), and for sheer curiosity, the rear axle?
Drivers front panel is sold. I'm not sure what you mean about the shifter trim ring, but I'll check tomorrow (I don't sleep where the car is). I haven't really touched the rear of the car yet, are you interested in one or both axles or the rear differential?

Je Suis Désolé...
post #60 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 01:48 AM

Car: 2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited || "1SlickVDC" 2001 Outback H6 VDC
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to botenredwolf Send a message via Skype™ to botenredwolf
Blast. I broke my driver's door panel screwing around with it once.

Okay, the trim's not black. It's wood grain. I was thinking of the wrong car. It's the piece my switches are mounted in, here:

Added “VDC Off” switch and strobe lights | 1 Slick VDC

The little retaining clips on mine are all broken off so it doesn't sit quite flush.

I was referring to the differential and any associated mounts.

Kenwood DMX7704S + iDataLink Maestro, Stock H/K speakers and amplifier, JL 12W6v3 HO Wedge, JL XD1000/5v2 adding some kick. (Not hooked up yet: Hertz Energy component speakers)

botenredwolf lives in the Audio section of this forum and is a MECP Installer

Like my advice? Buy me a drink:
13nPyPmaUQK4Lp6wz6ikGSH7jBSMB2KKdv (BTC)
0x15dc8d61f72b66fd6df726f678706642d9c70bfc (ETH)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: