FS: McIntosh Outback Speakers, from US 04, Nashville - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2004 VDC 3.0 H6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FS: McIntosh Outback Speakers, from US 04, Nashville

Hi all -
I am selling some McIntosh speakers from my 2004 Subaru Outback VDC. I replaced the head unit and after a week of trying to hook into the McIntosh amp I gave up. I am attaching photos of the rear door speakers I have as well as the two tweeters from the front. Feel free to ask any questions or request more detailed photos or videos if that'll help your decision making.

The two tweeters for sale ($65 shipped CONUS) have the following numbers on the back (couldn't find which one is the model number):
090-03130-01
737-102
3H12W
8 Ohms
Max 40W/NOM 20W

These were in good working condition before I removed them from the car. I also tested the resistance which was still 8 ohms, and they still produce sound.

The coaxials ($70 shipped CONUS) have the following information on the back:
740-102
090-0141-35
2H757
8 Ohms
Max 40W/NOM 20W

These were working when I removed them but the foam surround has disintegrated on both speakers and will need replacing. I can also include the mounting brackets for these speakers.

Additionally, I still have the rear speaker in the car I can pull out if anyone is interested, and I have the front woofers somewhere but need to track them down. If you would be interested in buying the entire set I would be willing to come down on price a little since the shipping would be cheaper.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coaxial.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	440001   Click image for larger version

Name:	tweeter.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	440003  

2004 3.0 H6 VDC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Sky

Car: '05 Subaru Outback
I'm interested but I'm wondering what challenges you came across with connecting them?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2004 VDC 3.0 H6
I just couldn't get my head unit to connect to the Mcintosh amp - it used a weird din wiring plug and after trying to make my own harness for a week (in the summer heat) I gave up. I just swapped in the amp and speakers from my previous car to make it easier on myself. Only issue I can think the speakers might present is they are 8 ohm which isn't usual these days.

2004 3.0 H6 VDC
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
@botenredwolf maybe looking for such things.

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: