2013 Outback sony xav-ax5000 swc - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ecoh419

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 Outback sony xav-ax5000 swc

Hi All,

I am trying to set up my steering wheel controls for my 2013 outback 2.5L touring with the Sony xav-ax5000. I had the matra aswc 1 installed with the head unit.

Right now using the default steering wheel control settings the volume controls and mode buttons work but not the call answer, call end button or voice buttons. The head unit allows you to manually assign a steering wheel button to a function.

Here is the problem, when manually assigning functions, I can set the call functions but not the volume controls. I can set volume up but not down or volume down but not up. It’s almost as if the head unit thinks the volume button is one button as once I assign one volume function it tells me the button is already assigned for the other.

I know the deck understands that those buttons are separate when using the default control settings but not when manually assigning the settings.

Any help would be much appreciated!

smagno1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 11:34 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did you figure this out? I am preparing to do the same install on my 2014 and the ASWC-1 worries me. I've seen a lot of other people on here have similar issues.

Also, Would you happen to have any post install pics? I would love to see what it looks like once it's in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: