Tire TPMS! Help. Need advice - Page 4 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 09:35 AM

Car: '14 Subi OBW, '02 Subi OBW (gone now, but well loved), '15 Toyota Sienna, '13 Honda CR-V
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good to hear your experience with the ts508. One question however. Is it bi-directional? With the ateq quickset I can download stored codes. That's great for diagnostics.

2002 OBW base model with automatic. Added: CD player, Security System, tweeters & subwoofer, trailer hitch, lighting mods, cabin filters, hood deflector, drivers lumbar mods, winter tires.
2014 OBW Premium, CVT & Moonroof. Added: trailer hitch, lighting mods, upgraded horn, winter tire/wheel/TPMS package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibber2 View Post
Good to hear your experience with the ts508. One question however. Is it bi-directional? With the ateq quickset I can download stored codes. That's great for diagnostics.
I am not sure whether it is bi-directional; have not had a need to try this aspect as yet. I was able to upload the Schrader sensor ID's, as well as reset the lamp, i.e. did not even have to drive for a while etc.

Totally separate issue - I tried to reset the TPMS on my daughter's Suzuki SX4 with the TS-508, but it was a no-go. I did not play around with it much, but the procedure to put the SX4 in learning mode appears to be different vs. what the TS-508 states. Will tackle this later.

• 1987 Brat GL
  • 1995 JD LX178
  • 1998 Z3, 2.8
  • 2000 328Ci
  • 2013 SX4 SB
  • Subaru RGV12100
  • 2017 Outback
  • 2018 Titan CC Pro4X
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 10:51 PM

Car: '17 Outback 2.5i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibber2 View Post

It can read sensors, upload and download them, and program Autel sensors (not Schraeders).
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 10:16 AM

Car: '14 Subi OBW, '02 Subi OBW (gone now, but well loved), '15 Toyota Sienna, '13 Honda CR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronemus View Post
It can read sensors, upload and download them, and program Autel sensors (not Schraeders).
Good to know that it can download data too. Thanks. As I mentioned, that's a help in system fault diagnostics that I have used my ATEQ Quickset for in the past.

True on the "not Schhrader" issue (or any other programmable, for that matter). Autel is a walled garden, and part of the key to them making tools for less than half the price of the competition. I recently purchased a set of Autel MX 1 sensors for 'cloning'. I'm sure they are decent, but I would have preferred to have purchased Schrader EZ 35000 sensors.

What could be so totally different about the programming mode that they won't work across platform? I wonder how long before someone decodes this and offers Jailbreak code for these units??

2002 OBW base model with automatic. Added: CD player, Security System, tweeters & subwoofer, trailer hitch, lighting mods, cabin filters, hood deflector, drivers lumbar mods, winter tires.
2014 OBW Premium, CVT & Moonroof. Added: trailer hitch, lighting mods, upgraded horn, winter tire/wheel/TPMS package.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: