My local dealer wants $250 to mount, balance tires and reset TPMS! - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My local dealer wants $250 to mount, balance tires and reset TPMS!

Just ordered new rims Motegi MR139 and tires BFG KO2 and my local F’ing dealer wants $250 to mount, balance tires and reset TPMS!
The other ones will not touch any part not ordered through their Subaru parts Dept. Not even OEM Subaru JDM like a grill. WTF?

Please, tell me I have an option because on principle alone I refuse to pay that.

2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Crystal White Pearl w/ Slate Black leather interior, 5% tints all around, yellow Lamin-X fog light film, Diode Dynamics Cool White ledís throughout cabin. JDM storage tray.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:52 PM

Car: 2019 Subaru Outback Premium
Garage
You can spend an extra 50 dollars, by the tools yourself and never pay someone to do it for you again.

2019 Subaru Outback Premium | Primitive Racing Full Body Armor, KC C-Series Ditch Lights, 245/17 Geolanders on 17" Steel Wheels, 2" ADF kit
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:10 PM

Car: '14 Subi OBW, '02 Subi OBW (gone now, but well loved), '15 Toyota Sienna, '13 Honda CR-V
Are you planning to reuse the TPMS transmitters from your OE wheels with your new wheel/tire set? If so, then you don't need to reset anything! Don't even worry about which corner is which. The distributed antenna system will sort it out. Just go anywhere and get the assembly done and put on your car.

If you are buying new TPMS, then let's talk....

2002 OBW base model with automatic. Added: CD player, Security System, tweeters & subwoofer, trailer hitch, lighting mods, cabin filters, hood deflector, drivers lumbar mods, winter tires.
2014 OBW Premium, CVT & Moonroof. Added: trailer hitch, lighting mods, upgraded horn, winter tire/wheel/TPMS package.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:12 PM

Subaru dealer? Not a tire shop? Most dealers run the cars over to a tire shop. They don’t even have the tire equipment at the dealer!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiesailor View Post
Subaru dealer? Not a tire shop? Most dealers run the cars over to a tire shop. They don’t even have the tire equipment at the dealer!
Right but tire shops locally have no way of resetting the 2018/2019 TPMS sensors. I hate this city.

2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Crystal White Pearl w/ Slate Black leather interior, 5% tints all around, yellow Lamin-X fog light film, Diode Dynamics Cool White ledís throughout cabin. JDM storage tray.

Last edited by Brucey; 04-23-2019 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Removing f bombs. I guess the auto censor is gone.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Dad View Post
You can spend an extra 50 dollars, by the tools yourself and never pay someone to do it for you again.
Autel MaxiTPMS TS508 if $300 not $50. For something Iíll never use again.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibber2 View Post
Are you planning to reuse the TPMS transmitters from your OE wheels with your new wheel/tire set? If so, then you don't need to reset anything! Don't even worry about which corner is which. The distributed antenna system will sort it out. Just go anywhere and get the assembly done and put on your car.

If you are buying new TPMS, then let's talk....
I was just going to use the old sensors. Going to sell old rims anyway and have no intentions of going back to factory rims ever.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:40 PM

Car: 2019 Subaru Outback Premium
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiC70 View Post
Autel MaxiTPMS TS508 if $300 not $50. For something Iíll never use again.
I did say an extra 50 so it would total 300. Hey you kever know, you could start a side gig.

Anyway, good luck. Hope you get it figured out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2019 Subaru Outback Premium | Primitive Racing Full Body Armor, KC C-Series Ditch Lights, 245/17 Geolanders on 17" Steel Wheels, 2" ADF kit
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:44 PM

Car: '14 Subi OBW, '02 Subi OBW (gone now, but well loved), '15 Toyota Sienna, '13 Honda CR-V
Some good news! I just called Josh at ATEQ, and he says that despite the old apps chart (Nov 2018) on their site, the March 2019 update DOES include Outback and Legacy coverage for the 2018/2019 system with 433mhz sensors. I *think* he said to update your tool with V3.05 Beta 1-V.

2002 OBW base model with automatic. Added: CD player, Security System, tweeters & subwoofer, trailer hitch, lighting mods, cabin filters, hood deflector, drivers lumbar mods, winter tires.
2014 OBW Premium, CVT & Moonroof. Added: trailer hitch, lighting mods, upgraded horn, winter tire/wheel/TPMS package.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:47 PM

BTW, I bought an Autel TS-508 for $215 on Amazon earlier in the year. Haven't gotten to the Outback yet, but it did my Toyota and Honda beautifully over this weekend (took off the snow tires). With 3 vehicles and seasonal changeover, the right home tools ROCK.

miker104 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: