Subaruonlineparts.com - My experience of questionable service and overpriced shipping - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 12:49 PM

Car: I has car.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ya know, you're a lot better off if you can establish a relationship with your local dealer, if you have one. I have 2 within 30 miles of me, they both deliver free of charge, but I have a commercial account with them.

And yeah, running a shipping dept. is expensive. Pickers don't work free, and boxes/tape/packing materials ain't free either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lockmedicben AT gmail

I seem to get a lot of "will xx fit in my car?" emails. . . I'm not the authority on everything Subaru, so I very well may tell you the wrong answer as there's nobody else to check me. Please search or ask via the forums first. . .when I answer you via email, it never gets posted and nobody else can confirm or refute my answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 01:02 PM

Car: 2002 H6-3.0 LL Bean
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I realize the logistics involved. why didn't I get the free ship with no coupon needed? they offered this as a welcome back and I needed the parts. and yea, I guess I will have to develop the local relationship. Dealerships make me feel icky though.

post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remixtup View Post
well, I got this email Nov 1st
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Dear SubaruOnlineParts.com Customer,

If you have tried to visit us within the past couple of days, you would have been confronted with a server error causing our website to be unavailable. This would have effected our email communication as well and for this inconvenience, we apologize as we know many of you rely on us for your Subaru Parts needs. As with most technology, there are sometimes unexpected "glitches" which I am sure we have all experienced from time to time.

Now that we are back up and running we WELCOME YOU BACK with an offer to show our appreciation. We are offering *FREE SHIPPING throughout the ENTIRE online store. This offer is good for replacement parts and accessories!

Be sure to take advantage of this offer Now until Sunday, November 3 with no coupon codes needed!

We Thank You for your continued support,
SubaruOnlineParts.com
__________________________________________________ __________
lol, I ordered 370$ in parts from this site on OCT 30th, I didnt get free shipping. 30$ for a 5lb package actually.
it seems the more they "FIX" the site, the more customers they "P I S S" off.
Quote:
I realize the logistics involved. why didn't I get the free ship with no coupon needed? they offered this as a welcome back and I needed the parts. and yea, I guess I will have to develop the local relationship. Dealerships make me feel icky though.
Timing is everything. 2 days made the difference for you. Who knew they were going to do this except the parts department? Exactly. https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...ml#post1050050

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 03:39 PM

well, as a follow up on my order, I ordered 2 hubs & 2 bearings.

received 1 hub and 2 bearings.

sent off an email, got this back 24hrs later:

Hi
That special wasnt active when you placed your order, it does not apply
We shipped all, please check in all packaging
If not we will have to begin the claims process
Please check again
Thanks

kinda hard to loose a hub in the packaging me thinks.

the package was 5 lbs, if there were 2 hubs in the box it would have weighed more.

now I get to start a claims process, yay me!! so instead of doing the job I had planned, I get to play this bullshot.

what a way to "welcome back customers".
judoman likes this.
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:32 PM

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Get with Benny: SubaruOnlineParts.com - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 10:22 AM

Car: 2005 3.0 R n totaled
The problem with that outfit (and many others) is that they do not show part numbers on items ordered; they do not show part numbers on order acknowledgements nor on confirmation emails when orders are shipped. One has no way of reviewing parts/items that were ordered and/or shipped. This means, when you receive wrong parts you have to return them (returns cost you money). Benny advised elsewhere on these pages that their webmaster is not set up to show part numbers. Basically, you are "blindly" ordering parts that may not fit your vehicle, even if you fill out required VIN on their order sheet (some parts fit vehicles other than VIN shown). Inasmuch I would like to help them out (by ordering parts for my overseas customers) I found more "reliable" online stores to fit my needs.
In my experience with them, if there is any problem, they always try to shift the blame on something or somebody else.
With UPS, whoever processes the shipment, is the only one, who can actually file a claim. So - it is not up to the receiver to contact UPS - the shipper has to do it! And that is how UPS works!
Just curious why Benny stopped monitoring this forum....
One more thing to consider is that even though you place you order with the shop on Long Island, most (if not all) parts come from State of WA.

Quidquid agis, prudenter agas et respice finem.
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
well, as a follow up on my order, I ordered 2 hubs & 2 bearings.

received 1 hub and 2 bearings.

sent off an email, got this back 24hrs later:

Hi
That special wasnt active when you placed your order, it does not apply
We shipped all, please check in all packaging
If not we will have to begin the claims process
Please check again
Thanks

kinda hard to loose a hub in the packaging me thinks.

the package was 5 lbs, if there were 2 hubs in the box it would have weighed more.

now I get to start a claims process, yay me!! so instead of doing the job I had planned, I get to play this bullshot.

what a way to "welcome back customers".

Remixtup I would be happy to look into this for you and and get it resolved asap, Can I have you order number please so I can research this?

Also please rest assure WE handle all UPS claims for our customers , We do not expect you to and I dont believe the email response states that unless that is not the entire response.

-Benny

Follow Us on Facebook!

post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 12:14 PM
avk

Car: 2006 WX8: my "Outback" > yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogosub View Post
The problem with that outfit (and many others) is that they do not show part numbers on items ordered; they do not show part numbers on order acknowledgements nor on confirmation emails when orders are shipped. <...>
I always try to order by number, which is usually possible thanks to opposedforces, although not for latest models. That and providing the VIN on the order form should give some measure of assurance.
Also, some accessories show up in both "accessory" and "replacement parts" catalogs, with the "replacement" price sometimes significantly less. One can only see that if ordering by number.
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 12:35 PM

Car: 2005 3.0 R n totaled
^^^ ... so do I - but - when we get order confirmation, P/N is not shown on that email.. I received several items and had to return it because of incorrect parts shipped....even though I put correct P/N from opposedforces...

Quidquid agis, prudenter agas et respice finem.
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruonlineparts View Post
Remixtup I would be happy to look into this for you and and get it resolved asap, Can I have you order number please so I can research this?

Also please rest assure WE handle all UPS claims for our customers , We do not expect you to and I dont believe the email response states that unless that is not the entire response.

-Benny
order number 1304743

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: