Subaruonlineparts.com - My experience of questionable service and overpriced shipping - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogosub View Post
^^^ ... so do I - but - when we get order confirmation, P/N is not shown on that email.. I received several items and had to return it because of incorrect parts shipped....even though I put correct P/N from opposedforces...
Did you provide a VIN and were performing a "mod" meaning the parts were not originally equipped on that vehicle from the factory?

I can see how this can happen but to ensure no part numbers are altered simply do not provide any VIN

-Benny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow Us on Facebook!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remixtup View Post
order number 1304743
Thank you,

I am researching the missing item with our shipping department. Just curious was the package in good condition? Did it appear to have been re-taped by UPS?

In terms of the free shipping the order was placed before this promotion. Order date 10/28 , promo dates 11/1-11/3 I am sorry you missed this but we always make it a priority to share all promotions on the forums first.

Thanks,
Benny

Follow Us on Facebook!

post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 04:28 PM

Car: 2005 3.0 R n totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruonlineparts View Post
Did you provide a VIN and were performing a "mod" meaning the parts were not originally equipped on that vehicle from the factory?

I can see how this can happen but to ensure no part numbers are altered simply do not provide any VIN

-Benny
OK thanks

Quidquid agis, prudenter agas et respice finem.
post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remixtup View Post
well, as a follow up on my order, I ordered 2 hubs & 2 bearings.

received 1 hub and 2 bearings.

sent off an email, got this back 24hrs later:

Hi
That special wasnt active when you placed your order, it does not apply
We shipped all, please check in all packaging
If not we will have to begin the claims process
Please check again
Thanks

kinda hard to loose a hub in the packaging me thinks.

the package was 5 lbs, if there were 2 hubs in the box it would have weighed more.

now I get to start a claims process, yay me!! so instead of doing the job I had planned, I get to play this bullshot.

what a way to "welcome back customers".

We are shipping you the missing hub via UPS today, We apologize for any inconvenience.

-Benny

Follow Us on Facebook!

post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 03:37 PM

Car: '13 OB, Black, SAP
Ran into some issues with them as well recently:

Ordered two lift gate support cylinders on Dec 18. Arrived Dec 30 which is fine considering the holiday and all.

However box contained one support cylinder and another part I didn't order. I quickly communicated this via email and was told the correct part I paid for will not ship until they receive the incorrect part they sent me.

To me that makes absolutely NO sense. I honestly called and notified them of the error, if I had I'll intent I wouldn't have said anything about the incorrect part.

I now have a UPS return label which requires me to now drive to a UPS location to drop the incorrect item off, instead of scheduling a pickup like I have done with every other vendor I've dealt with in these types of situations. The intent behind online ordering is to get the part cheap and mailed to my home. Not pleased with this experience. In my opinion the most I should have to do is print the label place it on the box,box goes outside. And schedule a pickup.

Email from Mike at Subaru Onine Parts:

Joel,

I understand your frustration and apologize.* Unfortunately there are*
some dishonest people in this world.* If I send out the missing item*
before we get the other one back, there's nothing stopping you from*
keeping the one you received in error.* I'm well aware 99% of people*
would never do that, but it has happened enough times in the past that*
we had to adopt this new policy.

I understand this was not in any way your fault.* I can speed up the*
process for you a bit.* Rather than waiting for the other item to arrive*
back here in NY, I can send out the missing one as soon as I see*
movement on the return label I sent you.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and*
understanding.

Thanks,
~ Mike
judoman likes this.
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 05:15 PM

Car: 2005 3.0 R n totaled
^^^ get your spares at Quirkparts.com ... most reasonable shipping costs and no questions asked on returns. They ship replacements before you return wrong parts...

I received 2 support cylinders that would not fit my 05 OB although VIN confirmed the fitment. Did some research and found another P/N that was different and support cylinders did fit. Replacement arrived before I returned wrong cylinders..

For the last 10 or 15 items that I have ordered for my 05 OB (in the last 2 months), they did an excellent job with discounts larger than any other online source and the lowest shipping costs. I prefer to order giving them excact OEM P/N rather than looking up an item and guessing.

Quidquid agis, prudenter agas et respice finem.
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 11:44 AM

Thanks Jogosub, the part is actually cheaper at Quirkparts as well.

This just gets under my skin; feels like I am paying for a mistake they made.

-Ship me wrong part
-Wont ship correct part until they receive incorrect part
-Customer required to drive to UPS location to drop off their mistake further delaying things as I had to leave town after receiving the part.

Just the way their going about business is not right. It is a first for me, usually every vendor I have dealt with that made a mistake corrected it quickly with no inconvenience to me.

I recall recently ordering a set of Hawk brake pads, vendor made a double shipment and cancelled both orders leading to me not getting the pads on time. However I still got TWO sets of brake pads in the mail, after notification the vendor still decided to credit me for my purchase AND let me keep both sets of pads...

In no way am I asking for free parts or a credit, but in that experience the vendor tried to make things right.

Sooo... anyone interested in a rear set of Hawk brake pads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogosub View Post
^^^ get your spares at Quirkparts.com ... most reasonable shipping costs and no questions asked on returns. They ship replacements before you return wrong parts...

I received 2 support cylinders that would not fit my 05 OB although VIN confirmed the fitment. Did some research and found another P/N that was different and support cylinders did fit. Replacement arrived before I returned wrong cylinders..

For the last 10 or 15 items that I have ordered for my 05 OB (in the last 2 months), they did an excellent job with discounts larger than any other online source and the lowest shipping costs. I prefer to order giving them excact OEM P/N rather than looking up an item and guessing.
judoman likes this.

Primitive Racing front/rear skid plate, King rear springs, 19mm RSB, Venture shield paint protection film, Chrome turn signal bulbs, Weather tech digital fit liners, seat back protectors, HID headlamps, Hella FF55 driving lights, XPel headlight protection film, smoke Headlight Armor taillight film, hood deflector.
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBERB View Post
Ran into some issues with them as well recently:

Ordered two lift gate support cylinders on Dec 18. Arrived Dec 30 which is fine considering the holiday and all.

However box contained one support cylinder and another part I didn't order. I quickly communicated this via email and was told the correct part I paid for will not ship until they receive the incorrect part they sent me.

To me that makes absolutely NO sense. I honestly called and notified them of the error, if I had I'll intent I wouldn't have said anything about the incorrect part.

I now have a UPS return label which requires me to now drive to a UPS location to drop the incorrect item off, instead of scheduling a pickup like I have done with every other vendor I've dealt with in these types of situations. The intent behind online ordering is to get the part cheap and mailed to my home. Not pleased with this experience. In my opinion the most I should have to do is print the label place it on the box,box goes outside. And schedule a pickup.

Email from Mike at Subaru Onine Parts:

Joel,

I understand your frustration and apologize.* Unfortunately there are*
some dishonest people in this world.* If I send out the missing item*
before we get the other one back, there's nothing stopping you from*
keeping the one you received in error.* I'm well aware 99% of people*
would never do that, but it has happened enough times in the past that*
we had to adopt this new policy.

I understand this was not in any way your fault.* I can speed up the*
process for you a bit.* Rather than waiting for the other item to arrive*
back here in NY, I can send out the missing one as soon as I see*
movement on the return label I sent you.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and*
understanding.

Thanks,
~ Mike

Joel I am sorry there was an error on your order and I appreciate your understanding while we get the situation corrected.

If you would like I can gladly dispatch a UPS pickup from your location, I am not sure why this option was not offered to you but I will speak with our CSR going forward.

Please let me know,

- Benny

Follow Us on Facebook!

post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 12:17 PM

Order Ref#1464727

Benny, I have a UPS label sent from Mike; when i attempted to schedule a pickup for that label via UPS I was informed that was not an option for that label and additional charges would apply.

Regarding the UPS pickup, let me know what you would like me to do. Should I expect another label emailed to me or do I utilize the one Mike had sent me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruonlineparts View Post
Joel I am sorry there was an error on your order and I appreciate your understanding while we get the situation corrected.

If you would like I can gladly dispatch a UPS pickup from your location, I am not sure why this option was not offered to you but I will speak with our CSR going forward.

Please let me know,

- Benny

Primitive Racing front/rear skid plate, King rear springs, 19mm RSB, Venture shield paint protection film, Chrome turn signal bulbs, Weather tech digital fit liners, seat back protectors, HID headlamps, Hella FF55 driving lights, XPel headlight protection film, smoke Headlight Armor taillight film, hood deflector.
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBERB View Post
Benny, I have a UPS label sent from Mike; when i attempted to schedule a pickup for that label via UPS I was informed that was not an option for that label and additional charges would apply.

Regarding the UPS pickup, let me know what you would like me to do. Should I expect another label emailed to me or do I utilize the one Mike had sent me?
Joel, Please discard the original label. We will dispatch UPS to pickup the package on the following business day with 3 attempts.

Thank you,
Benny

Follow Us on Facebook!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: