Trailer Supported Adventuring - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2006 Outback Sport
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here are a few more accessories I'm working on, a 2-place tongue mounted bike rack and front deck rack. In both pictures you will also notices a rack basket for double decker storage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 PM

Car: 2012 Subaru Outback 3.6r, 1998 subaru impreza 2.5rs
just a suggestion, but why don't you just add a 2" receiver on that center rail on either side of the white box? That way people can use what they want (ie bike rack/cargo/winch/etc.)

post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

jb_3.6r, that is part of what makes doing a DIY trailer project great, you can build and tailor it anyway you want to meet your needs.
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Dinoot Trailers have hit a major milestone! Tub kits will be ready to start shipping late in the week of May 21. With the current sale price and coupons available on HF bolt-together frame kits, pricing is just under your original goal. Visit the web-site for pricing details.

Here are a few shoots of Dinoot #1 behind my Outback Sport

post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Dinoot Trailers are officially Shipping!

Mention being a forum member for special pricing.

My demo Dinoot has been getting lot of usage.

post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 04:30 PM

Off Road Camp Trailer Market Test

I am doing a market study on our Camper Wagons. We want to build a smaller version of our camp trailer for the smaller suv market (Subarur, Rav4, Escape, etc.)
What do you think?

Camperwagon

Thanks
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperwagon View Post
I am doing a market study on our Camper Wagons. We want to build a smaller version of our camp trailer for the smaller suv market (Subarur, Rav4, Escape, etc.)
What do you think?

Camperwagon

Thanks
For sure a growing trend as people move from full size rigs to smaller cars and still like to do summer trips and camping etc with added gear where space to pack that gear is needed. Bingo small light trailer easily towed makes for a good gear hauling option for the few times a year you need it etc.

Your website looks great - but is too slow! Yes I'm on cable with a fast connection.
Just a tip go less fancy and faster that will help with people sticking around on your site checking out your products.

Real pictures vs mockups also lend a level of real vs vapor ware etc.

What I find interesting is that all of these little utility ie gear trailer ideas shoot for the ultra rugged look. When I would put money on it that more people who just want the ability to get their camping gear to the camp ground the most economical way possible would be interested in a more road focused nice highway hauler rig that has a very nice price point. Evidence would be all the cheap ultility trailers in the camp grounds and even small Uhaul trailers being used in the camp grounds.

As a side note those roof top tent kits are not cheap as cool as they are - they add a steep price to the trailer.

Also I'm building a Harbor Freight cheapie light weight camping gear rig with a canoe rack which will have a loaded weight around 700lbs max for a sports sedan. Dad a baby boomer loves camping - but also really likes his high powered luxury sedan which will easily tow his camping kit in this format. He happens to be a demographic that has money to spend on slick trailers in this case we have some super cool ideas for his little gear trailer which will provide easy multi functional use for his camping kit. His tent preference is a nice high quality tent with cots. He's been packing back country a long time and a tent is a luxury cots are heaven.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

CamperWagon, Might I suggest you start a separate thread for market testing your "flavor" of camp trailer. Not to be pissy, but it is bad etiquette to "plug" your product in another persons product thread.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 12:40 AM

Looks cool.

Joel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Got Kayaks?

There are a number of kayak / canoe trailers out there; SportsRig, Yakima Rack and Roll or Dooit to name a few. IMHO the drawbacks with these is that they are basically a rolling frame with racks for a premium price.

For about the same price, you can build a Dinoot trailer with racks for hauling kayaks, a canoe, kite boards, a wind surfer, etc. The difference is you also have a nice fiberglass trailer tub which provides substantial additional storage space.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: