Welcome to Primitive Racing! - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by Boxxerace
Do I hear adjustable rebound on those coilovers? Rebuildable with different valving and spring plates (internal)?
Sure! It's called Ohlins and it is $2000 per corner. How many sets do you want? And don't forget the remote reservoirs...

This would be adjustable ride height and either no adjustment (like a Bilstein insert) or bump only (with automatic rebound adj, depending upon the bump setting--like AGX) Target pricing about $400 per corner. Has to suit many needs...

Will NOT be complete any time soon--sorry. Pe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Gallery Ninja

Car: 2004 Outback "Bluebaru" & 2005 Outback XT
$2000.00 grand is not too bad considering the potential adjustability and the major role that the dampers and springs play. That is not to say I am looking for that on my daily driver .

I am curious about the tuning that is available via a product like the Ohlins damper. Does it give you control over both the rate of damping at different compression and rebound velocities (slow compression vrs. a high speed little bump) and also at which point that the damping is engaged (ie: progressive increase in slow compression damping as you work your way through the travel, etc. )?

Not to pull you off on a tangent, but It sounds like your the guy to ask. Suspension theory is brutality complex but facinating nonetheless.

---------------

So the (affordable) coilovers you are discussing will be some kind of strut insert that you can purchase at a set (and ideal) damping for use in an Outback with a threaded spring collar placed over the top of the strut and the standard subaru mounts on the bottom?

Either way, sounds like a great setup. You should put your man Scooby to the job of testing your dampers. If they are good enough for him...

Oh... and if your looking for a new gen Outback to do a long term "test", heh, I am only about 2-1/2 hours from yah

Ancient moderator of color and bokeh. Boxxerace Outback Gallery:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Hokey Pokey Champion

Car: '05 Gold OBXT Stg2+
Quote:
Originally posted by FastSly
Please put me on the waiting list for the coilovers!!! I've been waiting for something like that for 2 years now!
+1, and I know we're not the only ones. Several XT owners have upped the power and really need a comperable suspension upgrade to keep it safe. Git a move on! I'm definitely interested on when you get these done. Any expected timeline on them?

When the Winds of Change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 04:50 PM

Car: '03 H6 Outback, 2" body lift, HD springs, racks, tint, +50's, SubaXtreme Sumpguard & bullbar
Not to put too much of a damper (no pun intended) on it but it is my understanding that the limiting factor with Outback lifts is the multilink rear end... And this has been the cause of a few 'strut lift' type lifts to be shelved.

So, would winding up the spring tension be lifting the rear end the same way? At what point does the spring tension become too much and the lift is like a rock?

For the front struts you need to overcome the range of camber adjustment available as the length of the strut changes.... so would you run offset strut tops?

Just a few questions... but I certainly hope you can get them sorted - I had to give up on the strut type lift and ultimately fitted a body lift...

Cheers
Garry

Extreme.... Life's too short not to be!

H6, 2" Scorpion body lift, Racks, Thüle 820, Tint, HD Springs, SubaXtreme Sumpguard & Bullbar, Hella FF75 foggies, LED Reverse Globes, MP3 USB Stereo, Whiteline Strut Brace, +50's ... "subaruoutback.org" sticker , Reverse Camera & 8"LCD screen, Switchable ABS, Internal mounted spare, Forester rims,Grabber AT2's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Winner Euro/Japanese Modified www.stationwagonforums.com
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Outback onsight...

Car: '03outback, '98 forester S lifted m/t's, 4eat, lsd
test outback here!

Hey Pablo ,

I'm your test dummy just down the street! I'm dying for a coilover setup! I know just the roads/trails to test them local!

See ya at OTR!

Cheers

OutbackwBeer!

cheers
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Car: '17 3.6 Limited
Primitive is the best, communication is what its all about in business, and they got it!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 12:20 PM

Car: 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
Is the Aluminum Billet shift knob compatible with the '05 Outback 5spd? If not will you have a version soon? Please say yes!

Xbox Live handle: shinynugget
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Woodstock20723
Is the Aluminum Billet shift knob compatible with the '05 Outback 5spd? If not will you have a version soon? Please say yes!
I believe that it is a direct fit to the '05 OB 5-spd. I have them in stock (alum or Delrin). Email me directly: [email protected] or call 503-624-2139 for the details.

Pe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shift knob.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	10672  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 02:12 PM

Car: 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium MT
Hey Paul, I just sent an email: I would like 3/16" front and rear skid plates for my 06 Outback XT. Hoping they're available!

Currently carless

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Car: '17 3.6 Limited
I wish these coilovers would hurry up, I'm running out of ideas how to clear 31's under the spring perch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: