2004 Chicago Auto Show: I'm BAAAAACK!!! - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
SubaruOutback.org Founder

Car: 2018 Outback Package 14 Grey/Grey
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 2004 Chicago Auto Show: Anyone else going?

Hey guys, FYI I put a message up on the calender for the 2004 Chicago Auto Show. I plan on going and was wondering if anyone else was planning on going? I plan to do some representing of this site to the Subaru folks there, hopefully they may take notice and maybee even help this site grow. It would be GREAT to have some people who work for Subaru on this board. Anyway I plan to write up a full report on the 2005 Outback, maybee they'll even let me sit in it and play with all the goodies. Well that might be a longshot, but you never know

If you are going, interested in going, or just want to give me some ideas on what I should report on, etc feel free to put it in this thread and I'll do everything I can to make the most out of my time at the show.

Cheers, Kevin

"I am skeptical of the skeptics." - G.K. Chesterton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 12:11 PM

Car: 2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
I would love to go but I don't think there is any way that I could. As far as what to do while you're there - LOTS OF PICTURES!! (Sorry to state the obvious) Have a good time and I'll be anxiously awaiting your write-up.

Kevin

i'm ok.
are you?
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 02:48 PM

Talking Turbo Outback

Outback Turbos to Chicago

Subaru of America confirmed today it will debut its 2005 Outback at the Chicago Auto Show next week and include a 250-hp turbo version to boot. The Legacy-based vehicle will join Subie's stable of trucks when it goes on sale later this year. Subaru went for the truck classification on the next Outback because of its load of SUV features. Environmentalists disagree, saying that Subaru likes the Outback wearing the truck label because it allows the Japanese automaker to evade tougher EPA car fuel-economy standards. -John D. Stoll

This is from carconnection.com

i'm ok.
are you?
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Great! It's finally been confirmed that the 2.5L Turbo will be available in Outback and it will be released at Chicago. I'll be **** sure to report on that

I would have thought that they'd keep the 2.5L Turbo just for the Legacy seeing as how there are no indications that they will have the new H6-3.0 in the Legacy. This is kinda odd considering that the H6 and 2.5T have the same power ratings, I wouldn't think that the 2.5T would fit the OB as good as it would the Legacy. Only time will tell.

post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 08:49 PM

I wonder if the turbo outback will get a legacy gt hood? I really like the hood bulges we've seen on all the outback pictures floating around.

Kevin

i'm ok.
are you?
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ya know what guys, I'm really stupid for not seeing this beforehand. Although I have a dear love for the H6-3.0, my biggest rant is that it doesn't come with a manual transmission. ***DUH KEVIN! *** Altough the H6 doesn't come with a stick, the 2.5T will! And with that it will have a nice hood scoop, since the H6 and 2.5T are rated the same, I guess I won't be able to cry any more Still I'm going to wait for a while to get one, unless I or someone else hits the lottery and buys me one

Borrowed from my OT EVO 8 thread:

Quote:
Now just think, with the offical news that there will be a Turbo Outback in 2005 that will have 9 inches of ground clearance, etc I think this will help many marginal SUV buyers come over to Subaru. Like someone (***HINT HINT***) who is looking towards buying a Jeep Grand Cheerokee but wants a manual transmission and some decent performance. I'll get off my soapbox now and let someone else have the mic

post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 05:53 PM
OBXT Moderator

Car: 2005 Outback XT Limited MT
cao cao;

OK, I've been spying on the Chicago Auto Show webcam. Looks like we got four '05 Outbacks, two 2.5 (one white and one gold), a 2.5 t (white), and a 3.0 (blue).

injektilo;

Where in Maine? I'm near Bangor.

2005 Outback XT Limited
aka "The Turdboss"
Manual Transmission, STS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

p.s. A Smith and Wesson beats four aces.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by mudge
cao cao;

OK, I've been spying on the Chicago Auto Show webcam. Looks like we got four '05 Outbacks, two 2.5 (one white and one gold), a 2.5 t (white), and a 3.0 (blue).

injektilo;

Where in Maine? I'm near Bangor.
How can you tell there's a Outback Turbo? Does it have the Turbo Hood? Where is this webcam located at on the web? I want to see also!!!

post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Superb Moderator

Car: MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
Mudge, near Bangor huh? I lived in Bucks Harbor before moving to Nebraska. My dad was stationed at Bucks Harbor (Air Force) I liked it there a lot. See 'ya around. Brian

If you can't see into the future, you aren't driving fast enough
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 07:01 PM
OBXT Moderator

Car: 2005 Outback XT Limited MT
OK guys; here's what I got.

http://live2.truelook.com/face/newfa...imagemap.h=558

I'd say that is a turbo. Either that or it's got a big wide hole in its hood for catching bugs!

2005 Outback XT Limited
aka "The Turdboss"
Manual Transmission, STS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

p.s. A Smith and Wesson beats four aces.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: