What is your longest 1-day drive - Page 7 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #61 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 08:41 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
South Carolina to Denver - 1500 miles straight in about 24 hours in my '13 outback!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2019 2.5i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonguy View Post
South Carolina to Denver - 1500 miles straight in about 24 hours in my '13 outback!
Bet you had a sore bottom the next day.

post #63 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Bet you had a sore bottom the next day.
Honestly yes. Definitely felt it some lol
post #64 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 11:16 PM

Car: 2019 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight, "Wilderness Green Metallic"
Garage
After reading this entire thread, I remembered riding my 1977 Gold Wing from Cherry Point, North Carolina to just outside Iowa City, Iowa in one sitting -- 1100 miles. I'm surprised they didn't find me passed out on the side of the road somewhere.

End of May, 1981. Everybody who wasn't born yet, raise your hands!

(EAS)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ClovisMan; 03-16-2019 at 11:17 PM. Reason: grammar and punctuation
post #65 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_ri View Post
Rhode Island to Orlando, FL in 20 hours and boy did it suck. Stopped for gas, snickers, and Mt Dew. Lol.

Yeah, the problem with that drive is that I-95 is a horrible interstate to be on because of the heavy traffic, the many trucks, and the ugly scenery.
LightninST likes this.
post #66 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVdesertrat View Post
I have diven from portland Oregon to LasVegas in one day but not in a Subaru, That was in a 1996 Buick Road Master. One of those roadsign speed monitors showed 124mph on the display. The longest I drove 2015 outback was from Elko NV to Mt. Rushmore. The outback is not a good ride over a very long distance and ends up being a cramoed ride. It does not have the creature comfort. A wlk around every hundred miles is a must.

How many other Outback owners here agree that the Outback is not a comfortable car for long-distance driving? Anybody with back problems here who has driven an Outback long distances? I'm curious because I have back problems and need really comfortable seats. (I have never owned an Outback but am reading postings on this forum as I consider buying one this year.)
post #67 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:29 PM

Car: 2019 3.6R Touring Wilderness Green Metalic
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometguy View Post
Yeah, the problem with that drive is that I-95 is a horrible interstate to be on because of the heavy traffic, the many trucks, and the ugly scenery.
Made the trip 8 times from FT Lauderdale Fl to Cincinnati Oh non stop ( well gas & take a leak )
Much nicer scenery
post #68 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:38 PM

Car: 2016 Outback 3.6R Ltd. w. Eyesight
Quote:
How many other Outback owners here agree that the Outback is not a comfortable car for long-distance driving? Anybody with back problems here who has driven an Outback long distances? I'm curious because I have back problems and need really comfortable seats. (I have never owned an Outback but am reading postings on this forum as I consider buying one this year.)
Seats and driving position are very individualized. I find my Outback to be very comfortable on long drives. I don't know that it's the best I've owned, but near the top. With my 2016 OB I've done several 500-600 mile days, and over 900 during a two-day trip. Heated leather seats that can be adjusted every which way is niiiiice.

Current Garage:
2016 Outback 3.6R Ltd. w. Eyesight
2012 Honda CRV 4WD EX
2008 Honda Fit Sport
2015 Kawasaki Versys 650
1986 Schwinn Sierra MTB :^)
post #69 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:50 PM

Car: 2016 Outback 3.6R Ltd. w. Eyesight
Longest drive was Aspen, CO to somewhere east of St. Louis with only drive-thru fast food and fuel stops in 1989 driving a 1988 VW Fox. Must've been around 1100 miles. I remember I didn't feel right for hours after I finally stopped. Starting the trip with a hangover and a little altitude sickness may have contributed to that. :^) I've also driven the 900+ miles Daytona Beach to Delaware in one go a couple of times, once in a Dodge minivan and another in a Honda CRV.

Current Garage:
2016 Outback 3.6R Ltd. w. Eyesight
2012 Honda CRV 4WD EX
2008 Honda Fit Sport
2015 Kawasaki Versys 650
1986 Schwinn Sierra MTB :^)
post #70 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 04:29 PM
apb

Quote:
I have not driven our 2018 OB on long trips. However, for short trips, I found my old 95 Camry to be more comfortable. The problem with the OB is that the seat bottom bottoms out hard fairly soon, at least for me at like 190lbs. We do have a million-way power seat, but you can't adjust how hard the seat bottom is. As for your back, ours does have many adjustments, including lumbar, tilt, etc. Go to a dealer and try one that has all that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: