Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2021 Outback Limited 2.5L - 馃崷The Ice Cream Man馃崷
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard from one of my sources that 0% financing WILL NOT be carried over next month on the Forester. Impreza Sign and Drive offers are going away as well. Subaru is beginning to issue a new format survey to customers who purchase new vehicles, I have no idea what this might entail.

Registered
You know Subaru never offered 0% till just a few yrs ago. They dont need too. 0% financing is used as a tool to move stagnant inventory something Subaru hasnt had an issue with. So I would consider the 0% financing to be a rare thing with Subaru.

Banned
You know Subaru never offered 0% till just a few yrs ago. They dont need too. 0% financing is used as a tool to move stagnant inventory something Subaru hasnt had an issue with. So I would consider the 0% financing to be a rare thing with Subaru.
Also a tool to compete with other auto makers. When many of the others are offering 0% for up to 72 months, Subaru cannot afford not to compete. The challenge for Subaru is their pockets are not as deep as most other auto makers so they can only buy down interest rates for so long.

Reactions: Kevin

Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FWIW I recall in the Summer of 2016, before Subaru when on a frenzy with 0% financing, that we were selling new cars just fine. Since the 0% frenzy began and has subsequently escalated I think there has been a slight uptick in sales as a result but ultimately upon its removal I don't think sales will suffer that much. Auto finance rates have been in an upward trend all year long in 2017 and Subaru has not skipped a beat. For many of the other automakers, however, things are looking bleak no matter how much they incentivize their offerings.

Registered
2010/2016 outback
Interesting, the Forester as good as it is - is dated. Also, I heard again this morning the XT version of the Forester is going by by for 19. So I guess we get the car on the SGP probably with a 2.5 DI application for 19. I was hoping for the beginning of the small turbo engines to be introduced.

Registered
'17 3.6R traded for '16 T4R Limited
Just heard from one of my sources that 0% financing WILL NOT be carried over next month on the Forester. Impreza Sign and Drive offers are going away as well. Subaru is beginning to issue a new format survey to customers who purchase new vehicles, I have no idea what this might entail.

We all have personal opinions and feelings and rumors abound about the Forester. We read and hear things that may or may not be true. For example, the carryover of 0% financing on Foresters.

It would be great if we could find a person with a source or sources we could read with confidence. Especially, when we are contemplating a major financial decision.:wink2:

Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We all have personal opinions and feelings and rumors abound about the Forester. We read and hear things that may or may not be true. For example, the carryover of 0% financing on Foresters.

It would be great if we could find a person with a source or sources we could read with confidence. Especially, when we are contemplating a major financial decision.:wink2:
I just knew someone would come back into this thread to make such a comment :)

Perhaps the information I received would have been more appropriately conveyed should it had been related to me that 0% for 5 Years on the Forester was going away, which it did. Even the Legacy was downgraded from 5 years to 4 years with 0% financing a few months ago.

Those dang people at Subaru who are giving me this information, I should just stop breaking details of Subaru related subjects a few weeks before anyone else on the internet. I enjoy hearing the complaints about why such information has not been released as of yet and when I do release it ahead of everyone else I actually enjoy no one giving a darn even more :D

Registered
'17 3.6R traded for '16 T4R Limited
Thank you for the clarification.

I appreciate your efforts.

In the future, I will read your posts with the understanding that your source (s) may be withholding complete/specific information from you that may be important to me...and perhaps only me.:surprise:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.