Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wonder what it is for 2022. If they are back tracking on the 2021 0% to 36 months I'm betting that has no hope of being that low.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone know how often Subaru does these kinds of offers? I'm picking mine up mid-June and I'm a bit worried there won't be any promotions then and I'll just be forced to take whatever I can get.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
What crosses my mind:
lots of potential buyers can't qualify for 0% bc of credit issues; so to me the low interest is mainly a device to draw people into the showroom. You still have to negotiate on the price, as always. FWIW lots of stories here about dealers who won't offer both low price and low interest at the same time. But then the zero interest often never comes into play bc credit rating disqualifies many,many buyers.

And I'm not going to lose sleep over how Chase (AFAIK the bank that Subaru uses for these deals, and leases) is losing money somehow, cuz they're not.

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
8,394 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
So....here's my experience with Subaru's 0 percent financing. A story not about Subaru but about Chase who you end up dealing with.

Tried to set up automatic billing. Take the payment out of my checking. After a long time trying to get their web site to accept my account from another bank, I eventually gave up and had to call Chase on-line help. After the long wait to get to talk to someone, he said right away, since this is apparently a common problem, to insert one zero in front of the account number and it would work. It did. Yay!

A week or two later, the payment got rejected by PNC. After 2+ hours on the phone with Chase, it turns out that the account number should have been prefaced by two zeros. Apparently their software can't handle account numbers with fewer digits than theirs, they can't write the code to insert the needed zeros before the account numbers that have insufficient digits, and they don't even bother to put a note on the page that you need a minimum number of digits.

Next try to schedule automatic payments with the IT guy on the phone. After 20 more minutes of you should be able to do it, he says that the changes have to sync with the system and try the next day.

Tried two days later on April 7th and had success...Yay! Schedule the next payments for April 30th and beyond.

Yesterday checked to see that the payment occurred as scheduled and TWO payments were taken out of my account on April 30th.

Called again. Apparently this is ANOTHER COMMON PROBLEM. When you set up the automatic payment Chase sets up a one-time payment AND the scheduled payment so you get hit with two payments. The Chase person asked if I wanted to apply the second payment to June....NOOOOO!

The moral of this story...0 interest is great but monitor Chase. They're incredibly incompetent.

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,455 Posts
So....here's my experience with Subaru's 0 percent financing. A story not about Subaru but about Chase who you end up dealing with.

Tried to set up automatic billing. Take the payment out of my checking. After a long time trying to get their web site to accept my account from another bank, I eventually gave up and had to call Chase on-line help. After the long wait to get to talk to someone, he said right away, since this is apparently a common problem, to insert one zero in front of the account number and it would work. It did. Yay!

A week or two later, the payment got rejected by PNC. After 2+ hours on the phone with Chase, it turns out that the account number should have been prefaced by two zeros. Apparently their software can't handle account numbers with fewer digits than theirs, they can't write the code to insert the needed zeros before the account numbers that have insufficient digits, and they don't even bother to put a note on the page that you need a minimum number of digits.

Next try to schedule automatic payments with the IT guy on the phone. After 20 more minutes of you should be able to do it, he says that the changes have to sync with the system and try the next day.

Tried two days later on April 7th and had success...Yay! Schedule the next payments for April 30th and beyond.

Yesterday checked to see that the payment occurred as scheduled and TWO payments were taken out of my account on April 30th.

Called again. Apparently this is ANOTHER COMMON PROBLEM. When you set up the automatic payment Chase sets up a one-time payment AND the scheduled payment so you get hit with two payments. The Chase person asked if I wanted to apply the second payment to June....NOOOOO!

The moral of this story...0 interest is great but monitor Chase. They're incredibly incompetent.
All my accounts are with chase, which makes it incredibly easy to auto pay. In fact that was the main reason I went with Subaru financing.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Also for what it's worth, I believe if you have autopay on, it turns itself off for the final/last payment since it's likely a different amount. Make sure you schedule it manually. My final payment ended up being a few days late for my wife's Honda because we didn't realize this "quirk" of the Chase system.

·
Registered
05 OBXT & 16 Crosstrek
717 Posts
0% dropped from 63 to 48 months on 2021 models per my sales rep. Pretty sure it's the same for the Forester. Still deciding on an Outbsck XT touring vs a Forester Touring.

·
Registered
129 Posts
0% dropped from 63 to 48 months on 2021 models per my sales rep. Pretty sure it's the same for the Forester. Still deciding on an Outbsck XT touring vs a Forester Touring.
Just an FYI, I'm planning a Forester purchase and I'm currently waiting because the 2022 release will be the mid-cycle refresh and likely a lot of changes. Note however it will probably be near the end of the year before you can get one. If you are not in a hurry it is something to consider. No idea if it will bring back XT or more powerful engine options, but updated Eyesight is almost guaranteed from the spy shots.

·
Registered
05 OBXT & 16 Crosstrek
717 Posts
Just an FYI, I'm planning a Forester purchase and I'm currently waiting because the 2022 release will be the mid-cycle refresh and likely a lot of changes. Note however it will probably be near the end of the year before you can get one. If you are not in a hurry it is something to consider. No idea if it will bring back XT or more powerful engine options, but updated Eyesight is almost guaranteed from the spy shots.
My local dealer is pretty chill. my current lease is not up until October so I've got time. If I decide to go Forester, I'll probably order a 21 and if I decide the 22 is worth it after announced I'll switch my order and my dealer will sell to someone else. They do enough business they know they will sell a Subaru and don't need to charge or pressure someone to buy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is alittle off topic, does anyone know what weight if any, the Subaru pre approval letter has? Applied today on the website for a Legacy Limited and got congrats your "conditionally approved to finance" of course it doesn't state specifics other than up to 60 months as the period.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited --> 2021 Blue Abyss Outback Touring XT
2 Posts
Finalized purchase of Abyss Blue 21 Touring XT yesterday. Had been a back and forth over the past month on deciding. As of May the 0% did go from 63 to 48 months. I can also confirm my dealer is no longer able to order 21s.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts