Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Im new to this site and new to subarus. Im looking at buying a 2001 OB with 99000 miles. The guy replaced the head gaskets, timing belt and water pump last summer. What else is there that i need to be thinking about?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,324 Posts
any rust over the rear wheels or in the rear side door jams?

how much? really low miles for a 2001?

got a link? (post it up with a couple ??? in front of it so the antispam software will not catch it as a link from a new poster).

4 cylinder or 6 cylinder, leather or cloth?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's asking 5000, seems a little high, but i haven't went and looked at it yet. Its cloth interior, heated seats, sunroof, and from the pics it looks in really nice condition. I just dont know much about subies and am wondering what to look for when i go look at it

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,324 Posts
He's asking 5000, seems a little high, but i haven't went and looked at it yet. Its cloth interior, heated seats, sunroof, and from the pics it looks in really nice condition. I just dont know much about subies and am wondering what to look for when i go look at it
with a factory sunroof/moonroof, I would think that had leathers in it, and they got beat on by dogs with big toe nails.

or it is owned by a vegan that does not want to sit on leather. (maybe custom cloth, if the airbags are still in the sides of the seats, or just a straight swap form another car).

here is what came in 2003 outbacks

2003 Subaru Outback options, prices, colors, all other years also. Seattle

_____

as for price: I see where you are, and that is the highest market of all things used subaru period.

·
Registered
2001 OBW Base H-4 2.5L Auto
57 Posts
@eagleeye the one he is looking at is a 2001 not a 03 would that make a difference with the leather/cloth thing?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,324 Posts
@eagleeye the one he is looking at is a 2001 not a 03 would that make a difference with the leather/cloth thing?

whoops,
here is the 2001 page:
2001 Subaru Outback options, prices, all currrent and older Subarus Outbacks Foresters Imprezas Bajas

and nope, it should not make a difference on H4.

leather ones had front sun, and rear moon roofs, and the mirrors / door handles that match the paint color.

cloth ones had black mirrors and door handles. no sun/moon roofs.

_____

other things that happen to 2000-2004 series, people type routinely of legacy outbacks and they actually have low slung legacys.

or they have a little impreza outback sport.

____

long time ago I worked with someone that bought a lexus RX300, then traded it for a toyota highlander limited. both ordered without leathers, and came with cloth in them from japan. the guy and his wife were vegans, and were happy to get them the way they wanted.:smile2:

·
Registered
57 Posts
whoops,
here is the 2001 page:
2001 Subaru Outback options, prices, all currrent and older Subarus Outbacks Foresters Imprezas Bajas

and nope, it should not make a difference on H4.

leather ones had front sun, and rear moon roofs, and the mirrors / door handles that match the paint color.

cloth ones had black mirrors and door handles. no sun/moon roofs.

_____

other things that happen to 2000-2004 series, people type routinely of legacy outbacks and they actually have low slung legacys.

or they have a little impreza outback sport.

____

long time ago I worked with someone that bought a lexus RX300, then traded it for a toyota highlander limited. both ordered without leathers, and came with cloth in them from japan. the guy and his wife were vegans, and were happy to get them the way they wanted.:smile2:
I figured you had your reason for posting it if the difference doesn't matter :) Interesting to know that about the sun/moon roof options! On a side note 5k for a 01 is really high even with only 99k on the clock. Is Seattle really that bad?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,324 Posts
I figured you had your reason for posting it if the difference doesn't matter :) Interesting to know that about the sun/moon roof options! On a side note 5k for a 01 is really high even with only 99k on the clock. Is Seattle really that bad?
all of the PNW looks like it has low supply high demand.

vs.

Colorado having high supply high demand.

_______

with newer cars like 2010-16 the auction wrecks might get on 18 wheeler from the north east and find their way to the rockies, or the PNW to be rebuilt out of subaru parts yard cars, and get a nice healthy high price for the rebuilt car.

(like hauling 10 at a time, all in various states of mush, and in the end all the panels and parts get together to make a nice used car ...hopefully).

·
Registered
57 Posts
all of the PNW looks like it has low supply high demand.

vs.

Colorado having high supply high demand.

_______

with newer cars like 2010-16 the auction wrecks might get on 18 wheeler from the north east and find their way to the rockies, or the PNW to be rebuilt out of subaru parts yard cars, and get a nice healthy high price for the rebuilt car.

(like hauling 10 at a time, all in various states of mush, and in the end all the panels and parts get together to make a nice used car ...hopefully).
Wow that is crazy. Any idea how Kentucky would be? We are planning a move there in a year and I am having a hard time gauging the market.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,324 Posts
Wow that is crazy. Any idea how Kentucky would be? We are planning a move there in a year and I am having a hard time gauging the market.
kentucky gets a big mix. rust, no-rust.

but one of the problems with used things from and in Kentucky,...or those passing through Kentucky
..its one of the states that does not mark its titles fast and easy as flooded.

(so if you go there,...make sure to look up under the dash for green wires, and mud..... ).

·
Registered
57 Posts
kentucky gets a big mix. rust, no-rust.

but one of the problems with used things from and in Kentucky,...or those passing through Kentucky
..its one of the states that does not mark its titles fast and easy as flooded.

(so if you go there,...make sure to look up under the dash for green wires, and mud..... ).
O_O well that's a bit unnerving thanks for the heads up :)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,324 Posts
does it have airbags in the sides of the seat backs? that would make for the one rare car, as cloth seats = no airbags

(when looking for used you can find them with custom leather that replaced cloth,...so in the 2000-2004 you find a leather one with no seat airbag...and sometimes the seat has a little thicker padding on it.).

here is a old thread with a lot of good question and answer, about buying in the PNW.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/62-car-lounge/200954-help-buying-my-second-subaru-advice.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts