Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I feel stoopid here. i'm a chrysler Teck retired. so i know how to replace break parts bleed act. but for the life of i can't get a solid break pedal.
So 3 calipers fail at the same time. replace calipers and back pads with no problems. start bleeding untill no air comes out and boom no pedal. goes slowly to floor. so i bought a new master bench bleed install rebleed system still no pedal. now abs light comes on. rebleed system still nothing. if i pump it 2 or 3 times peddle is solid but as soon as you let off the break goes right to the floor nothing. no line leak nothing on floor but what i put there. bleed rr lr rf lf. new bleed patter is learned LF,RR,LR,RF. NOTHING.
if any one can help me from banging my head on bench i would be greatfull

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Limited
1,402 Posts
Did you bench bleed the replacement master cyl before installing? In my experience, not doing so will give you the results you describe. One would think conventional bleeding would do the trick but that isn't my experience.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
Keep bleeding it. When you open up the entire system like that they can take ffooooorever to bleed. I've gone through 2 or 3 of the large bottles before bleeding one that's been all apart like that.

1. why did you replace 3 calipers?

2. Subaru master cylinder failure is basically unheard of - if there's ever a next time don't replace it without more compelling reason. now there's likely an inferior quality MC in there rather than the original OEM unit which typically lasts the life of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes bench bled master. lf rr and lr calipers were leaking from the seals. could not get a pedal so i changed out master. bench bled it rebled the system to no aval.

·
Registered
2001 OBW VDC, 2004 WRX, 1999 LEGACY L (in a heap)
1,302 Posts
i'm sure you know, but if the master cylinder's actual action is still functioning, then air is being pulled in from somewhere and/or fluid is spilling out somewhere.

you eyeball that last caliper yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts