Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a check engine light on and my outback is hard to start. a diag said the fuel pressure or maf sensor could be the problem. i changed the fuel filter but that doesn't seem to be the problem. and i can't locate the maf.anybody got any ideas? thanks and God bless!!

·
Registered
2005 LL Bean
138 Posts
I have a check engine light on and my outback is hard to start. a diag said the fuel pressure or maf sensor could be the problem. i changed the fuel filter but that doesn't seem to be the problem. and i can't locate the maf.anybody got any ideas? thanks and God bless!!
The MAF sensor is in the intake tract. You should see it between the airbox and throttle body. They sell cleaner for it. Any chance it could be bad fuel or a bad air filter?

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
I notice your post mentions a diagnosis, but don't know if that was from the code, surfing the web, or someone's opinion. What is the DTC/CEL code? Most major parts places like AutoZone or Trak Auto will check the codes for you for free. Let us know the code. It is there to help you diagnose and fix the problem.

In the meantime, I'll pray for you and your car. Well, maybe just your car. :) We're here to help.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,699 Posts
if it's an H6, could be the cap/o-ring on the fuel pump beginning to leak.

we need more details

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
CEL code before work. Anything else is just speculation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks , I have run a new tank of gas through it with 2 cans of "seafoam". I would think that would eliminate bad fuel..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks MUCH for the prayer. I took it to Auto Zone for the diag and got the info from him. It said, aaSystem too lean - bank 1, faulty MAF sensor, Large vacuum leak, low fuel pressure, or plugged injector or cylinder misfire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I notice your post mentions a diagnosis, but don't know if that was from the code, surfing the web, or someone's opinion. What is the DTC/CEL code? Most major parts places like AutoZone or Trak Auto will check the codes for you for free. Let us know the code. It is there to help you diagnose and fix the problem.

In the meantime, I'll pray for you and your car. Well, maybe just your car. :) We're here to help.
thanks Dave, the code is P0171.... aaSystem too lean - bank 1 ( cylinder number 1 denotes bank 1 ) and thanks MUCHO for the prayer!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts