Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. New user but long time lurker. Im a VW guy personally (dont hate me) but my lady has an 01 outback and I have come on here frequently for help. I have a little dilemma I was hoping to get some help with.

I recently bought some studded snows for my golf (yes i know thats what awd is for) off of VWvortex. Now this is kind of my fault because I didnt really check them out, but it turns out they are subaru rims. Same bolt pattern which is what threw me but the center bore is wrong. They are steel rims 5x100 185/65r15 with ten round holes and my googling says they are from a 2nd gen impreza.

Here's my question, will they fit the 01 outback? I know the lug pattern is the same but i dont if they will clear the calipers. It has 225/60r16s five spoke alloys (i think 5) on it now and the steelies look substantially smaller.

I don't know if the guy is going to work with me for a refund (he is kind of an ass about the whole already) and I dont have the time to go through the trouble of reselling them.

Also, i know i will probably regret asking this, but is the outback its own model or a submodel of the legacy?

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
246 Posts
Submodel of the legacy.

Look on the title. For me anyways, it's Model: Legacy Submodel: Outback Trim: Base.

My legacy is Model: Leagcy: Submodel: (blank) Trim: L

Like the Outback Sport is really just a lifted Impreza.. like the Outback is really just a lifted Legacy.

They should fit no issues. Kinda a small tire for an Outback. But will fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. That is what I thought but I think the reg. just says outback but im not sure.

And yeah they are pretty small but at least they might be a solid emergency back up. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,108 Posts
They should fit your 01. The 2002 got a caliper upgrade and requires 16" wheels.

I'd try to find a better sized tire though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I can't say I'm 100% sure - but I believe 2001 or at the latest mid-2001 model year Outback's got the bigger (11.3"?) rotors (with larger calipers). Which means the 15" rims won't fit.

Maybe a quick call to a dealer with your VIN can confirm which you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
nickb21
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing