Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the front Calipers,brackets and rotors on my Outback. The inside of the mounting bracket grinds on the inside surface of the rotor. I bought everything from Advance. Called Autozone and they asked for production date. Ordered a complete second set of everything for 01 model and same problem. Ordered brackets from Aotozone to go with the second set of calipers. They are for a smaller diameter rotor. They just don't look right when mounted. 1/4 inch between the outside of the rotor and bracket. Metal on metal on the inside. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
There was a change made in the 02 production year. Depending if you car was made before or after 10/01. Look at the tag mounted on the drivers side strut tower and I think it tells you.

What is the brand and model of the caliper installed? If those are not working, most likely you need the other version.

The rotors and pads should be the same

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just order parts for an '03 or '04. If you're spending the cash to replace everything, might as well get the bigger stuff if you happen have the older version.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DO NOT TRY BUYING FRONT BRAKE PARTS FOR AN 01-02 OUTBACK FROM ADVANCE AUTO PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don't know about the change and only show 1 size rotor. Even when getting everything for an 02 there parts are not compatible with each other much less your car!! Bought all 04 parts and that solved the problem. Thanks. If there was ever a need for a sticky, this should be one.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'm pretty sure, there was only one size rotor for the H6 for 2001-2004 which was the 11.5" rotor. Maybe they were giving you H4 parts. 00-01 had a smaller 10.9" rotor and came with the single piston caliper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Glennda5id
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing