Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randomly for the past week the car when I went to start the car it would continue to crank but wouldnt start until I turn the key all the way off and back on again. After the key cycling it would fire up instantly. The battery voltage is around 12-13 volts and it cranks excellent. What could this be?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Have you tried PAUSING the key at the "ON" position for a second to allow the computer to power-up....then turn the key to "START" position?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried PAUSING the key at the "ON" position for a second to allow the computer to power-up....then turn the key to "START" position?
I always pause on the key "ON" position. It still does what a described but not all the time.

·
Registered
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
791 Posts
Sounds like your fuel system may be losing pressure. Try turning the key to ON, wait 3 seconds, then back to Off then back to ON wait 3 seconds and then try starting. This procedure will pressurise the fuel system.

If it now starts straight away this is an indication of fuel pressure dropping while the car is sitting.

Seagrass

·
Registered
85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
2,113 Posts
sounds like you are clearing a code. After a code is cleared it will do this every time.
Are you using a obdII dongle to reset a code
?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like you are clearing a code. After a code is cleared it will do this every time.
Are you using a obdII dongle to reset a code
?
Haven't had any sort of code appear for a while now. So I didn't clear anything recently.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,431 Posts
did this car ever have any security system on it,

or ignition / fuel pump by pass device (like some cut off)?

did anyone have a really really large bunch of keys attached to the key ring? (= putting strain on the keyed lock mechanism)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did this car ever have any security system on it,

or ignition / fuel pump by pass device (like some cut off)?

did anyone have a really really large bunch of keys attached to the key ring? (= putting strain on the keyed lock mechanism)
If by security system you mean the remote lock chime? No bypass device. All I got connected to the keyring is a TILE locating device. It's been on there for about 8 months now. I just started having this problem since the past week.

·
Registered
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
479 Posts
Sounds like your fuel system may be losing pressure. Try turning the key to ON, wait 3 seconds, then back to Off then back to ON wait 3 seconds and then try starting. This procedure will pressurise the fuel system.

If it now starts straight away this is an indication of fuel pressure dropping while the car is sitting.

Seagrass
This. Check your fuel pump oring

·
Registered
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
479 Posts
Where is this located?

On the fuel pump. There's a sticky post all about the problem, what to look for, and the ways to fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts