Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback 2.5 Auto 222k
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 Legacy Outback with a 20mm front sway bar and a 14mm rear sway bar. I'm in the process of replacing the Links & bushings, but I would like to upgrade the rear sway bar, does anyone know if I can use a sway bar from a later model Outback or wrx/sti? I'd like to get another 20mm or larger.:29:

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,078 Posts
I have an '02 Legacy Outback with a 20mm front sway bar and a 14mm rear sway bar. I'm in the process of replacing the Links & bushings, but I would like to upgrade the rear sway bar, does anyone know if I can use a sway bar from a later model Outback or wrx/sti? I'd like to get another 20mm or larger.:29:
WhiteLine makes an upgraded bar. I think Cardoc has both front and rear.

Whiteline Suspension for OUTBACK BE-BH MY99-03 (9/98-8/03)

·
Registered
2004 Outback H6 Sedan, 1996 Legacy Outback H4
620 Posts
Whiteline BSF14X is a 22mm front bar.

I have that in the front, and the BSR12XZ in the rear on the stiffer setting.

·
Registered
2001 VDC Wagon
202 Posts
It's not 20mm, but I have the rear bar from a turbo Baja on the rear of my wagon. Much stiffer than stock and was ~$60 new from the dealer.

·
Registered
03 Outback H6 base
252 Posts
I thought Whitelines front bar was only 1 bar size greater than our stock bar? I have just their rear bar now. H6 could use more than one size greater (I think) in the front but for now the rear was a great improvement.

My install link

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
13,968 Posts
The strut bar did a lot to improve the traction up front on the VDC. So far it has stiffened it up enough that it compliments the front sway bar. When I find a 22-24 mm bar that will bolt up front, so it will support the weight shift better, I'm on it. It's not like I'm tracking the car, anyway, it just those transfer ramps that I can take at 80 over 50 where it helps out. :D

·
Registered
2001 VDC Wagon
202 Posts
The strut bar did a lot to improve the traction up front on the VDC. So far it has stiffened it up enough that it compliments the front sway bar. When I find a 22-24 mm bar that will bolt up front, so it will support the weight shift better, I'm on it. It's not like I'm tracking the car, anyway, it just those transfer ramps that I can take at 80 over 50 where it helps out. :D
What front strut bar did you install? Got a link?

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback 2.5 Auto 222k
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone for the info, but what I want to know is, will a sway bar made for another Subaru Model; wrx/sti/forester..bolt up directly to my 02 outback? So, are any Subaru Models interchangeable? If there are, I would like to install a used oem larger sway bar from another model in my 02 Outback to save money, I don't need to spend $200+ for a new sway bar +$ for the links...

·
Registered
'01 Outback
220 Posts
In addition to the above, what are the largest sway bars available? F and r. I'm tired of scraping door handles around every corner.

·
Registered
2002 Outback VDC
27 Posts
i know this is a dead thread, but does anyone know if a 02 H6 VDC would also have 20mm up front and 14mm in the rear?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts