Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback 4 cyl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, after replacing ALL the burned out bulbs in all the switches, I noticed behind the stereo (mine has factory am/fm cassette with 6 disc cd changer) that there is 2 additional plugs, one looks like it could plug into the stereo, the other is a smaller plug that looks like it could go to a switch.....any ideas of what those are for? thanks

·
Registered
18,780 Posts
Perhaps if you could describe the connectors in more detail (size, color, number of pins/connections), someone might recognize them. Better still, take some photos and post them here, or on a photo-sharing site like photobucket.com and provide the links so that others here can see them.

·
Registered
'14 Subi OBW, '18 Subi Forester
1,950 Posts
There were radio options in 2002 for the single disk player, the 6 disk player, and the subwoofer that mounts under the passenger seat. I installed the sub, but cannot remember if it intercepted the speaker wiring harness, or plugged into the radio itself. Too long ago. The other small plug may be for the security system module that mounts next to the radio?

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
There were radio options in 2002 for the single disk player, the 6 disk player, and the subwoofer that mounts under the passenger seat. I installed the sub, but cannot remember if it intercepted the speaker wiring harness, or plugged into the radio itself. Too long ago. The other small plug may be for the security system module that mounts next to the radio?
I believe the sub under the seat intercepts the speaker wires, but the one in the rear cargo area was its own small (6 pin?) plug. It's possible that's pre-wired in all cars for some reason, though that would be a little odd since there is no easy way to add that sub if it wasn't pre-installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts