Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Legacy Outback, 2.5L H4 with a custom-built cold-air intake, Red and Baige with an aerodynamically designed roof rack
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my '02 Skoot-aru, haven't had it long but I do love it already. I figured I'd throw up some photos and see what ya'll had to say, so here it goes. I know it's stock for the most part but it does have a custom built cold-air intake, aerodynamically designed roof racks, a blue light to help with downforce and drag. Well, let me know what ya'll think and i'll keep posting pics as things come available

Attachments

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
646 Posts
aerodynamically designed roof racks, a blue light to help with downforce and drag.
aero roof racks,isnt that just the way it came also....blue light? what is this space ship you speak of lol :) other then that looks good! no inside pics? whats the milage, look super clean!

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Legacy Outback, 2.5L H4 with a custom-built cold-air intake, Red and Baige with an aerodynamically designed roof rack
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aero roof racks,isnt that just the way it came also....blue light? what is this space ship you speak of lol :) other then that looks good! no inside pics? whats the milage, look super clean!
You asked about some inside pictures, okay here they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 outback 2.2l swap sti front bumper clip
20 Posts
How did u smooth out the idle and get rid of the sensors usually attached to the shock mount I made a custom intake gives me all kinds of **** if I get stopped at a light on a hill

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6 Touring, which replaced '05 Outback XT
842 Posts
Well, since you asked.... Nice looking car, but I am surprised the blue light hasn't gotten you a ticket. In some states, that is a misdemeanor with jail time. I doubt it would improve aerodynamics, either. The confederate flag is offensive to some people as well. I'm not making judgement, just pointing out how it might be perceived. There are plenty of better ways to customize a car. I do like the roof rack. Tell us more about that.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon
311 Posts
how exactly does the light help with down force and drag? also what is the point of aero roof racks if you put a big blocky light in front of them

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 OBW 2.5i 4at LTD
184 Posts
Well, since you asked.... Nice looking car, but I am surprised the blue light hasn't gotten you a ticket. In some states, that is a misdemeanor with jail time. I doubt it would improve aerodynamics, either. The confederate flag is offensive to some people as well. I'm not making judgement, just pointing out how it might be perceived. There are plenty of better ways to customize a car. I do like the roof rack. Tell us more about that.
Some people are offended by people that are so easily offended. I'm not making judgement, just pointing out how some might perceive those that point things like that out as well as that are offended.

·
Registered
2006 OBW 2.5i 4at LTD
184 Posts
I thought they were red. Correct me if I am wrong.
HERE in Pennsylvania volunteer fireman use blue lights.

Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes
THE VEHICLE CODE (TITLE 75)
PART IV VEHICLE CHARACTERISTICS

(b) Police, sheriff, fire and coroner or medical examiner vehicles.--

1. Police, sheriff, coroner, medical examiner or fire police vehicles may in addition to the requirements of subsection (a) be equipped with revolving or flashing blue lights. The combination of red and blue lights may be used only on police, sheriff, coroner, medical examiner or fire police vehicles.
§ 4572. Visual signals on authorized vehicles.
(a) Flashing or revolving blue lights.--Ambulance personnel, volunteer firefighters, certified volunteer search and rescue organization members and owners and handlers of dogs used in tracking humans may each equip one motor vehicle with no more than two flashing or revolving blue lights.

§ 173.3. Display requirements.
Blue lights. A vehicle may display blue lights as provided for by 75 Pa.C.S. § 4572(a) (relating to visual signals on authorized vehicles). Vehicles described in 75 Pa.C.S. § 4572(a) may be equipped with a light-bar assembly using only blue lights.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
Here in WA volunteers use Green lights. Blue lights can put you in jail. Which is funny because some factory HID's are "blue."

Most people in WA have no idea what the green lights are for and ignore them. They even ignore the DOT incident response guys that clear the roads even though they have Red lights.

Sometimes lawmakers use common sense, usually it seems they don't. Good to see PA had some for that law.

·
Registered
2001 VDC Wagon
202 Posts
Which is funny because some factory HID's are "blue."
Not true. All factory applications for HID headlights use a color temperature of 4300K, which is white light. There is some diffraction at the cutoff shield that separates the colors of the light emitted, and can cause a blue/violet band of light at the cutoff. Any of the "blue" HID lights you are seeing are cheap PnP kits.

·
Registered
2006 OBW 2.5i 4at LTD
184 Posts
Not true. All factory applications for HID headlights use a color temperature of 4300K, which is white light. There is some diffraction at the cutoff shield that separates the colors of the light emitted, and can cause a blue/violet band of light at the cutoff. Any of the "blue" HID lights you are seeing are cheap PnP kits.
And they aren't revolving or flashing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts