Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 03 Baja, and I'm trying to figure out what I would need to add bluetooth connectivity for audio. Does anyone have a recommendation? Currently I have no way to play music from my phone, since the stereo has no aux on the front.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,206 Posts
Replace the factory head unit.

About 130$ to do it right.
I was noticing under your avatar just a 3.6,...no baja, no 00 little red. like you got.

·
Registered
2001 VDC Wagon - White pearl - 302,000 km
466 Posts
So I have an 03 Baja, and I'm trying to figure out what I would need to add bluetooth connectivity for audio. Does anyone have a recommendation? Currently I have no way to play music from my phone, since the stereo has no aux on the front.
I picked up a Joying head unit out of China last year for about $275 Canadian. Delivered in less than a week. Android operating system, Bluetooth, built in navigation, dvd, with SD card slots, USB, iphone mirroring etc. They have great customer service as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
I picked up a Joying head unit out of China last year for about $275 Canadian. Delivered in less than a week. Android operating system, Bluetooth, built in navigation, dvd, with SD card slots, USB, iphone mirroring etc. They have great customer service as well.

...or get a bluetooth fm modulator like the one shown here.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, it was my grandfather's car before me and he swapped the radio for one from an 04 legacy, so it's not the original.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Fm modulators, at least the cheaper ones, can suffer from fidelity loss. If you are an audiophile, then you might want to spend a few more dollars and read some reviews before buying, but for under $20 at Walmart, this one's not worth crying over if it's not reproducing your music perfectly. At least your phone calls will be hands-free :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts