Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought an 03 outback h6 with 150 000km's and so far it has been going great! Although i checked under the car this morning and found water dripping and a build up of grease, the area shown in the link.

This is my first Subaru (infact my first car that is not an old diesel) so it could be nothing to worry about although i just want to make sure!

any suggestions?

IMG_1241[1] | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_1240[1] | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Those are your transverse link bushings. They're fluid filled. Mine started leaking a while back, too, so I replaced them both. The entire assembly (with the bracket) is around $83/side (there's one on the driver's side and one on the passenger's side). They're not too difficult to change out at all.

I think some have bought new bushings to press in, and I'm sure that's cheaper.

This thread might be helpful: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...sverse-link-replaced-prothane-03-outback.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot for the fast reply!

I dont know alot about these sorts of issues so it is much appreciated.

Being in Australia would the local dealer be the best bet to get the part of somewhere like ebay?

Also, is it okay to drive around until it is replaced?

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,114 Posts
Thanks alot for the fast reply!

I dont know alot about these sorts of issues so it is much appreciated.

Being in Australia would the local dealer be the best bet to get the part of somewhere like ebay?

Also, is it okay to drive around until it is replaced?
if the arm's end isn't shifting around inside the mount, drive it while you save for the OEM parts. have them both done at the same time - the tech should inspect the ball joints and particularly the inner LCA bushing and address those also if worn.

only use the poly bushings for dedicated motorsports or if you absolutely MUST save every last penny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts